BrainFinance is a leading financial technology company providing responsible and constructive credit solutions to consumers. We are redefining access to credit with our revolutionary technology that uses machine learning and automation capabilities to deliver better, simpler financial services to everyone.
We are looking for a Senior API Engineer to help us with creating the API gateway using AWS, identifying the additional components required for async and sync calls for requests to our AI solution. You will work on linking API gateway to Vertex AI endpoints that are generated by our current team, work on authentication, API schemas, buffering, limiting requests, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement the API gateway using AWS, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
- Integrate components for async and sync calls, such as message queues and middleware.
- Connect the API gateway to Vertex AI endpoints for seamless communication.
- Implement authentication, API schemas, buffering, and request limiting for secure and efficient API access.
- Integrate different systems and middleware to enable smooth communication between backend components.
- Develop RESTful APIs with proper request/response handling, authentication, and error management.
What You’ll Be Bringing to The Team:
- The candidate should possess an AWS Software Development Engineer or AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification, demonstrating a solid understanding of AWS services and development practices.
- 5+ years of experience specifically in API engineering, preferably in a Senior API Engineer or Principal API Engineer role. This experience should involve designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs, preferably within a cloud environment.
- You demonstrate expertise in AWS API Gateway, AWS X-Ray, AWS CloudWatch, AWS Lambda, and other relevant AWS services. It would be a valuable bonus if you are familiar with GCP Cloud Run and Vertex AI endpoints, but not mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of RESTful API principles: Thorough knowledge of RESTful API design principles, including request/response handling, data serialization formats (JSON/XML), error handling, authentication, authorization, and HTTP methods. Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus.
- You demonstrate the ability to identify and resolve complex technical challenges, troubleshoot issues, and optimize API performance. Effective communication and collaboration with cross-functional teams is crucial.
- As we provide the majority of our services in 7 provinces in Canada, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively in English to fulfill their duties.
What We Offer:
- Health & Dental Insurance.
- Virtual Healthcare Program.
- RSP contribution .
- Flexibility to work remotely, at the office, or anywhere else!
- Day off on your Birthday!
- Commuter Benefits (Bixi, Opus).
- Team building, 5 PM to 7 PM networking and office activities.
- Office Perks (fresh fruits, snacks, games and relaxation spaces).
- Paid training subscription tools.
- Sports Wellness Program.
BrainFinance is hiring!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC H3K 1G6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- REST: 5 years (preferred)
- Node.js: 3 years (preferred)
- Python: 3 years (preferred)
- English & French (preferred)
- Amazon Web Services Developer - Associate (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC H3K 1G6