Dealership Shipper Receiver
· 7202 98th Street, Clairmont AB
· Full time, 40 hours per week + overtime if required,
· $20-$22 Competitive hourly wage on experience
AT GREAT WEST KENWORTH WE ENABLE PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES TO GROW AND PROSPER
OUR MISSION: We support our community with exceptional timely service, by caring individuals, whose knowledge of our premium products create a lasting positive impression.
OUR VISION: We will create an experience that enables everyone to move forward, Financially, Knowledgeably, and with Dignity.
OUR VALUES: Integrity, Financial Stability, Knowledge, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration, Learning
Great West Kenworth Ltd is one of Canada’s leading heavy truck dealerships with five branches spread all over Alberta in Calgary, Grande Prairie (Clairmont), Red Deer, Lethbridge, and Medicine Hat. Great-West Kenworth supply and service trucks for long-haul, construction, and oil fields. We are the leader in the Alberta/Northwest heavy trucking industry for 50+ years and provide an excellent work environment, a competitive hourly wage, stability, and career progression avenues to skilled and dedicated professionals.
We currently looking to fill one position of a Shipper Receiver in our Grande Prairie Dealership located at 7202 98th Street, Clairmont AB.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Must have automotive or heavy truck dealership shipping receiving experience.
· Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, invoices, and other shipping documents manually or by computer.
· Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in the computer system, pack goods to be shipped, and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
· Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances
· Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages, and reject damaged goods
· Unpack, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
· Maintain internal, manual, or computerized record-keeping systems
· Operate forklift, hand truck, or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods.
· Parts picking for counter staff
· A valid class 5 driver’s license
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs often
· Good working knowledge of Grande Prairie and area
RELATED SKILLS REQUIRED
- Be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and customers.
- Intermediate computer and MS Office skills.
- The ability to withstand work-related deadlines and pressures.
- Must be able to sit, kneel, lift, walk, lay, and carry for extended periods.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Forklift Experience
- High school diploma
- Class 5 driver's license without any previous suspensions.
When working at GreatWest Kenworth Ltd., employees are offered a comfortable, clean, and supportive environment, with opportunities for growth and advancement. Competitive wages are matched with a comprehensive, up-to-date employee benefits program that caters to the needs of staff and their families. Some of the benefits are:
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Dependent Life
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Up to $2640 in a Health Spending Account
- Up to $2640 in a Personal Development Account
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Plan - 80% of prescribed drugs, 100% coverage of all other eligible expenses
- Dental Plan - 80% basic, 50% major and 50% orthodontics
- 5 Paid Sick Days
- Up To $400 Boot and Tool Allowance
- RRSPs and TFSAs
- 2 weeks vacation to start and 3 weeks’ vacation after 3 years
- Employee Assistance Programs
Direct Deposit Payroll, Anywhere Online Pay Statements & Benefits Information access
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Shipping & Receiving: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers Licence (preferred)
Work Location: In person