Who We Are
The Community Land Trust (CLT) acquires, develops, and stewards co-ops and community-led homes and spaces. Our team of skilled industry leaders is aligned with our purpose and focused on creating and advocating for inclusive communities that members and residents are proud to call home. Established in
1993 by the Co-operative Housing Federation of BC (CHF BC), CLT is a non-profit social-purpose developer fostering diverse and sustainable communities and initiatives for today and tomorrow.
Our vision is an inclusive community of sustainable and permanently affordable co-operative and community-led homes and spaces. We exist to create, preserve and steward permanently affordable homes.
Who We Are Looking For
Accounts Payable Clerk
We are looking for a full-time Accounts Payable Clerk with a passion for making a difference in the affordable housing industry. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the A/P Clerk will be the point of contact for all A/P queries and questions, and will be posting all A/P related to operations. You will also prepare payment journals, as well as liaise with third parties on outstanding A/P and reconciliation of vendor statements. The A/P Clerk’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Process vendor invoices accurately and in a timely manner. This involves verifying the accuracy of invoices, matching them with purchase orders and receipts, and ensuring proper coding and approval.
- Maintain relationships with vendors, address inquiries, resolve discrepancies, and negotiate payment terms when necessary.
- Prepare and process payments to vendors, which may include cheque, electronic payments, and
ACH transfers. Ensure payments are made on time and take advantage of any early payment discounts.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure that all invoices have been received and processed correctly.
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements to ensure that all expenses are booked properly.
- Accurately enter financial data into the Sage 300 system, including invoices, payments, and expense reports.
- Generate reports and analyze accounts payable data to provide insights into cash flow, outstanding liabilities, and vendor performance.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and tax requirements when processing payments and maintaining financial records.
Maintain organized records of all accounts payable transactions, including invoices, receipts, and payment confirmations.
- Relevant post-secondary education in accounting or bookkeeping
- Minimum of 2-3 years of financial administration, bookkeeping and/or data entry experience, including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable and general journal entries
- Experience working within the non-profit or housing co-operative sector as an asset
- Strong preference for candidates who have previous exposure to the real estate industry either professionally or academically
- Hands-on experience with data entry/accounting software, preferably Sage 300 Construction and
Real Estate (formerly Sage Timberline)
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong numerical ability and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent technical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively in a team and individual setting
- Strong attention to detail
Compensation: $51,000 - $60,000. Salary commensurate with experience. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Employment Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V5L 3Y3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Real Estate Industry: 1 year (preferred)
- Financial Administration: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person