The BI Customer Support team is a group of dedicated, technology-oriented, customer obsessed professionals focused on enabling our mission by delighting our customers and exceeding their expectations in every interaction through connected customer experience. Our goal is to facilitate and accelerate the consumption of BI technologies into the core operations of enterprises. We work at the forefront of innovation, ensuring smooth operation and optimization of BI solutions for a diverse range of client needs.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements, and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day-to-day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service-oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
- Ownership of the Customer Support Experience: Champion the customer's support journey with us, providing timely, accurate, and effective solutions for their issues. Working closely with a broad range of global customers, including a significant portion of Fortune 500 companies.
- Resolution of High-Impact Technical Challenges: Address and resolve the most technically challenging and critical problems for our customers and partners, making a significant impact on their experience with Azure's products and services.
- Multi-Channel Customer Communication: Resourcefully and empathically engage with customers through various channels including telephone, email, public and private forum ensuring their concerns are heard, understood, and addressed.
- Customer Advocacy: Identify and report software bugs and customer suggestions, acting as the voice of the customer within our organization and helping to shape customer support strategy.
- Product Improvement Liaison: Act as a bridge to our internal development organizations, advocating for product enhancements that can alleviate customer pain points and improve their overall experience with our products.
English - confident in reading, writing, and speaking.
Additional languages like French, Mandarin, Japanese, or Spanish are a plus.
- Demonstrated the ability to conduct thorough troubleshooting and debugging, and to solve complex problems. Track record in technical support or a similar customer-facing role within the technology sector. Thriving in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You are very resourceful and great at prioritizing multiple demands, knowing when and how to prioritize tasks.
- Communication and senior stakeholder engagement skills, underpinned by an ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical, senior business users with ease.
- Proficiency with Power BI (Desktop application and the Service, and Gateway), or any other similar BI tool such as Tableau, SAS, Qlik, Sisense, Oracle Analytics Cloud, MicroStrategy or Excel would be beneficial.
- Good understanding of SQL Server Analysis Services concepts, MDX, DAX and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Underlying awareness of SQL Server, or any other Database Management system like Oracle or SAP
- Basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 3+ years of technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications (PQs)
- Support experience delivering IT Application support or services.
- Some understanding or awareness of Office 365/ Windows Administration, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, or the .NET Framework would be helpful.
- Excel skills with Power Query and Data Modelling would be beneficial.
- Experience gained or conceptual knowledge of Azure/ AWS Cloud architecture or any Cloud SaaS experience.
- Understanding of DNS (Domain Name System) principles and protocols.
- A solid grasp of HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) principles and its various methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00-$31.00 per hour
- IT support: 4 years (required)
- Software troubleshooting: 4 years (required)
- Customer support: 5 years (required)
- Power BI: 5 years (required)