R. Radloff & Associates is seeking a detail-oriented individual to perform administrative responsibilities that span across a multitude of areas, including accounts payable assistance, proposal and document related work, and general administrative tasks.
Our firm is an engineering office specializing in civil and mechanical engineering in Northern BC. As such, minimal or partial familiarity with the engineering field may be beneficial but is not required by applicants.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be a strong support to the accounting team. This is a 5 days a week, permanent position with a 6 month probationary period.
- Assisting in accounts payables and credit card expenses
- Data entry to Intuit Accounting Software
- Provide administrative support to the admin team that includes: updating calendars, scheduling appointments, and maintaining office organization.
- Cover the front-desk reception position during sick days and vacations.
- Organize and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Prepare documents based on direction from engineering & tech staff. This includes writing, revising, and formatting various documents such as reports, letters, spreadsheets, correspondence, contracts, etc.
- Assist with the final stages of developing project deliverables (printing, binding, and mailing, or virtual compiling and emailing of documents).
- Effective and clear communication skills in both verbal and written English.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects effectively and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates problem-solving capabilities and is solution oriented.
- Team oriented with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and promote a positive work environment.
- Shows tact, diplomacy, trust, and discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
Education & Experience:
- Highschool graduate with post-secondary training in office/business administration (post-secondary degree or diploma in Office or Business Administration preferred)
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ experience in an administrative role, or equivalent.ience in an administrative role, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe PDF
- Preference will be given to those with a basic knowledge of bookkeeping principles and experience using accounting software. (Quickbooks is ideal).
- A valid BC Class 5 driver’s license to complete necessary office errands for office operation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25