Come join our team and help us expand our growing company in our Edmonton head office. We are looking for a skilled individual who is excited to use and improve their skills.
In this position you will report to the Operations Manager
The Outgoing Warehouse Associate is responsible for shipping and invoicing customers order in a safe, timely and accurate manner. They are responsible for checking each order for quantity accuracy and appropriate packaging.
The Outgoing Warehouse Associate will be cross trained and is required to perform other roles within the warehouse when coworkers have days off, planned holidays and or they are needing assistance to ensure all tasks are complete in the business day. Fostering a team environment in all actions and words is an expected job responsibility.
- Adapt to changing demands in warehouse flow to ensure proper allocation of resources and staff to keep a consistent flow, this requires being trained in each station and will include hands on participation in each process.
- The safe, timely and accurate shipping, and invoicing of items ordered by our customer.
- Put Away - inventory is put away according to established procedures, including proper documentation of discrepancies.
- Picking – Orders are picked accurately and according to established procedures
- Packing – Orders are packed according to established procedures and storage and handling requirements.
- Shipping – Orders are shipped according to established procedures and guidelines including storage and handling and geographical couriers.
- Invoicing – Orders are invoiced accurately and include shipping information.
- Ensure stock and warehouse facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Keeping and practicing a clean and safe work environment, this included removing warehouse garbage to the dumpster, sweeping and other general duties of the shared workspaces including washrooms.
The ideal candidate will be an team player with a positive can-do attitude. Detail and results-oriented with a desire to learn and contribute to achieving success and efficiencies.
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while adhering to firm deadlines
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent data entry skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Fosters a respectful and positive environment for all staff
What’s in it for you?
- Career growth - we are constantly promoting from within
- Leaders and coworkers who will support your development
You will be a recognized and valued as part of a dedicated growing organization. This is a learn while you earn opportunity ideally suited to those who want to grow professionally in their career.
Valuemed Professional Products Ltd. is an established healthcare products manufacturer and distribution company serving the Canadian healthcare marketplace. For over 35 years we have been bringing quality products, solutions and services to healthcare providers to make their world better. We are committed to a bright future where we continue to grow and Deliver Better Value.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person