Since 1964 the MCW Group has built a solid reputation for the delivery of Professional Consulting Engineering Services, Energy Management Services, and Engineering Development Services. The systems designed by the MCW Group of Companies are built to deliver energy effectively in the form of lighting, heating and cooling, as well as information in the form of voice and data. By the very nature of the solutions provided, the MCW Group of Companies help to create the environments required for Clients to live, educate, work, play and heal.
We have created for our clients the largest block of verified carbon emissions savings of any Canadian consulting firm. For more than two decades MCW Consultants Ltd., and its sister company, MCW Custom Energy Solutions Ltd. have been providing sustainable building designs with the goal to permanently reduce our clients' environmental footprint and create sustainable communities.
Benefits of working at MCW:
- The opportunity to work on significant, innovative, and sustainable projects
- Career development opportunities, including mentorship and training
- Collaboration with team members across Canada
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- RRSP matching
- Professional development fees covered
Responsible for the development and management of assigned project work during all phases, from inception through planning, design, and construction, in accordance with the project scope, schedule, and budget.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Qualifications, Experience and Education:
- Prepare the concept design and complete load calculations, schematics, equipment selection and system concept report
- Design Electrical systems including but not limited to medium and low voltage electrical distribution, generators including cogeneration, transfer switching, UPS, grounding and bonding, lighting and control systems, life safety and emergency systems, and fire alarm.
- Design for ICAT services including but not limited to communication systems, AV systems, security access and monitoring systems, equipment and structured cabling.
- Write construction specifications
- Managing all aspects of electrical projects for our clients in the airport, high rise, residential, healthcare and commercial building industry
- Coordination with other members of project team technician and engineer
- Liaise with client group to establish project requirements
- Construction and equipment procurement follow-up
- Support during start-up and commissioning
- Coordinate with other consulting disciplines to ensure drawing integrity and completeness
- Review and coordinate with architectural, structural and mechanical drawings
- Work with contractors and respond to technical inquiries
- Help establish and promote client relationships
- Strive to ensure quality and timely delivery of finished products to clients
- 8+ years of engineering and/or design co-ordination experience in the consulting industry, specifically working on commercial projects
- Professional Engineering Designation (P.Eng.)
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline such as Building Systems
- Proficiency in developing construction documents using AutoCAD and REVIT
- Familiar with bid and tendering process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Experience working with customers and client base
- Experience in site investigations and construction review
- Able to make frequent trips to the customers’ place of business.
- Maintenance of project design fee budgets and profitability
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including technical, professional, and upper management
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Able to communicate ideas and recommendations to non-engineer team members in a clear manner
- Knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards and codes
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Excellent time management skills and project management skills
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines with the ability to work under pressure
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- Team and customer service-focused
- Self-motivated, hardworking, flexible
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing information to understand issues
Client Focus – Providing service excellence with added value to internal and/or external clients
Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance
Creativity and Innovation – Modifies current approaches to generating viable, new approaches and solutions
Initiative – Addresses current issues by dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
Interactive Communication – Listening to others and communicating articulately, fostering two-way open communication
Legislative, Policies, Procedures & Standards – Understanding and using relevant legislation, policies, procedures and/or standards in performing one’s work
Results Management – Supervises work/projects by organizing time, work and resources to accomplish in the most effective and efficient way
Self Confidence – Demonstrating realistic trust in own abilities and confidence when challenged
Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MCW Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer.
MCW Group of Companies welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.