AV Terrace Bay is an exciting and innovative company, converting to the unique global market of viscose fibre. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, AV Terrace Bay’s focus is to produce pulp products.
The Aditya Birla Group is a 48 billion US$ corporation in the League of Fortune 500 companies. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. More recently, the Group topped the Nielsen’s Corporate Image Monitor 2012-13 and emerged as the Number 1 corporate, the ‘Best in Class’. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles, worldwide.
The community of Terrace Bay, Ontario has a lot of charm and has much to offer to individuals and families. For the outdoor enthusiasts, there are multiple hiking trails, rivers and lakes and plentiful wildlife. The town offers multiple services: a hospital, schools (elementary and high school), a recreation and fitness center and even a ski hill. For more information about the town of Terrace Bay, please visit their website: www.terracebay.ca
Why Work for AV Terrace Bay?
- Competitive wages and benefits (Health, dental, pension)
- Company paid benefits and employee matching
- Relocation assistance is provided
- Low cost of living in Terrace Bay
- Clothing, work and tools allowance
- Paid training
- Outdoor lovers paradise - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, quading - if you like the outdoors this place is for you
- On the North Shore of Lake Superior
A Successful Candidate:
- Completed a Degree in Process / Chemical engineering/technology diploma or equivalent practical experience in Pulp industry.
- 10-15 years of experience in the same field
- Experience in a fast paced industrial complex in a similar role.
- Agility to multitask with emergent issues while maintaining momentum on in progress projects.
What the role entails:
The Operations Maintenance Coordinator is knowledgeable in the Operations side of the process, having experience with the procedure needed for isolation of equipment, the priority level of required repairs on equipment failure related to the process, the plan for the requirements to prepare equipment on time for maintenance, the SOP’s for the area which include preparation for maintenance, creating SOP’s and renewing or revising as required, experience on the impact and reliability for production, and coordinating decisions based on needs to maintain run ability. The OMC is responsible for both operations and maintenance activities required for ensuring safe, reliable, low cost equipment operation for the area of accountability. The OMC assesses the value-adding capability of the Work Notification to the operational process needs ensuring it meets value to the process. The OMC confirms or modifies the priority set by the operators work notification originator using “Equipment Criticality” for the process and the production units Business Needs.
- Follow Mill and Department Safety Rules Policies and Standards
- In junction with Department Superintendent perform annual review of training modules modifying as required to reflect equipment or process changes.
- Prioritize all work orders each day and review with Department Superintendent.
- Provide Operation Basic Care (OBC) routes to operations. Review completed OBC routes details and plan for requirements needed to sustain reliability of equipment.
- In junction with maintenance planner coordinate SSD jobs and provide Operations Team with a SSD written plan to include special requirements such as clean-up and lock-out type. Identify manpower requirements for ERRT, and Gas Testing.
- Maintain a list of jobs that can be carried out in the event of unplanned outages. Work with maintenance planner to ensure these jobs are ready to execute identifying manpower and parts.
- Provide timely daily written instructions to Operations for planned On the Run jobs and coordinate equipment lock-out.
- Assist in trouble shooting with operational process problems, immediately inform Pulp foreman and Superintendent and request whatever resources to identify and resolve. Document each step taken and results.
- Assist in developing SOP’s as required involving are operators is a requirement.
- Following each shift down provide a written summary of results with attention to what went as planned and what areas of improvement for next SSD.
- Participate in all Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and share the outcome with operations.
- Maintain housekeeping and order in your operating area of responsibility.
- Maintains partnership with, operations, maintenance, and engineering to help identify opportunities for continuous improvement of the process needs.
- Attend the 6:45 AM Break-in Meeting for any emergency work needed that day, and the 1:00 PM Update meeting and the next day schedule.
- Reviews weekly maintenance schedule to assure it reflects the agreed upon work.
- Maintain partnership with leadership teams, shift Supervisors and Process Engineers to ensure operator and process expectations are met.
- Reviews work orders to determine required priority according to the needs of the operations reliability.
- Reviews emergency work orders to determine if it can be delayed according to process interruptions.
- Determines jobs that should be handled by operations and if Shift Trades can do the job and effect on process while running.
- Identifies reliability improvements in the process itself that is value-added.
- Turns work notifications into work orders in the SAP Workflow System.
- Communicates back to employee of notification the rationale for rejecting/canceling a work notification.
- Challenges each work order priorities based on knowledge and past experience of process, product demand, management direction and operations expectations.
- Assists with other OMC’s to adjust work priorities of the routine work in progress to allow for emergency work.
- Gives Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) work priority on work schedules against all work orders needed to keep the process running.
- Communicates with maintenance supervisors the scope of the work order, and maintenance planners if we have parts required, to set priorities for planning and scheduling of all non-emergency work.
- Assures correct equipment numbers are assigned to work notifications.
- Approves break-in work.
Langauge Requirement: English
Why AV Terrace Bay?
With AV Terrace Bay, you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Terrace Bay offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application.
We wish to thank all candidates in advance for their applications however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ontario: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Pulp Operations: 1 year (preferred)
- Steam & Recovery: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road