F. Trottier Construction (FTC) is seeking a talented and meticulous Quality Control Officer to join our dedicated team. If you are passionate about ensuring that products and services meet the highest quality standards, and you thrive in an environment where attention to detail is paramount, we want to hear from you.
At FTC, quality is not just a buzzword; it's a commitment embedded in our DNA. We take pride in delivering excellence to our customers and clients. Our unwavering dedication to quality has been the cornerstone of our success, and we're looking for an exceptional Quality Control Officer to help us maintain and elevate our standards.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Quality control Manager, the Quality Control Officer plays a pivotal role in ensuring that products, services, and processes meet established quality standards and comply with regulatory requirements. This role involves conducting inspections, tests, and audits throughout the production and delivery processes to maintain and enhance the organization's commitment to delivering high-quality outcomes.
- Perform detailed inspections of raw materials, components, and finished products to assess their conformity with quality specifications.
- Identify defects, deviations, and non-conformities during inspections.
- Interpret and review shop drawings. Inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications and plan requirements.
- Ensure all contractual/company and local authority requirements for Quality, Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) requirements are complied with.
- Conduct various tests, measurements, and analyses using appropriate tools and equipment to validate product performance and adherence to specifications.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of inspection and test results, creating comprehensive reports to document findings.
- Generate reports on quality trends, issues, and improvement opportunities.
- Monitor production processes to identify opportunities for improvement and to prevent quality issues from arising.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Contribute to the development of FTC’s QA manual
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- Preparation and control of project quality system management documentation prior to project commencement
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system. Recommend and implement improvements when required.
- Coordinate all QA/QC activities with the QC manager
- Plan for and conduct a three-phase inspection program to include: Preparatory Meetings and Reports; Initial Phase Inspections and Reports; Follow-up Inspections and Reports; and Final Phase Inspections
- Lead and document quality control meetings with the project team and/or customers; and provide written minutes.
- Schedule, coordinate, and document all required code and independent inspections. Clearly document, correct, and re-inspect all non-conformances prior to covering up work.
- Review the as-built drawings to ensure that they are current and that deviations from the contract drawings are flagged.
- Provide training to employees on quality control procedures, practices, and the importance of maintaining quality standards.
- Foster a culture of quality awareness throughout the organization.
- Assesses the implementation of the Quality Plan and Quality Control Plans on the site
- Collaborate with procurement to establish and maintain quality requirements for suppliers.
- Supervises the Quality Control functions/activities of a project or its parts, including Quality Control inspection schedules and the collection of Quality Records.
- Supports the Construction Manager in dealing with the Client for all the Quality matters
- Prepare for internal and external quality audits, ensuring that documentation, records, and processes are readily accessible and compliant.
- Participate in audits and address findings as required.
- Propose and implement process enhancements based on data-driven insights.
- Stay updated with evolving quality requirements and communicate changes as necessary.
What you'll bring to the table
- Diploma required in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, engineering technology, or building construction. (Bachelors degree preferred)
- Relevant 2-year work experience
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans, contract documents and project specifications
- Strong knowledge of quality control principles, tools, and methodologies.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail to identify and address quality-related issues.
- Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to conduct root cause analyses.
- Familiarity with industry-specific quality standards and regulations.
- Effective communication skills, in both official languages, to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standards of quality and integrity.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work overtime, evenings, and weekends is required.
- Valid Working at Heights Training
What's in it for you?
- Training and development program
- RRSP match
- Group Benefits including drug coverage, extended health, dental & vision.
- AD&D Insurance
- Life & Travel Insurance
- Access to virtual doctors
- Company events
- Access to company vehicles
- On-site parking
- A team orientated and collaborative environment
- Accommodation options may be considered for the ideal candidate, subject to negotiation
FTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. There shall be no discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation.
We are an inclusive organization and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential. We welcome all applications from a wide range of candidates. Selection for roles will be based on individual merit alone.”
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $31.00-$38.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Petawawa, ON K8H 2W7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a PWGSC Security Clearance or the willingness/ability to obtain one? (Minimum Secret)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person