We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented Field Service Technician. Our ideal candidate loves to solve electrical and mechanical issues and understand how different pieces of our robots are put together. You are technically competent, located around the Greater Toronto Area and will actively service and support our robots locally and nationwide. Our ideal candidate loves to be out in the field, build relationships with customers, and provide training to use our product successfully in their environment.
You thrive in a fast-moving & dynamic environment and enjoy working independently while being part of a larger customer care team. The Field Service Technician will be critical to our customers’ success and will have a tremendous impact on the future growth of Avidbots in North America. This role is within Avidbots’ Customer Care department.
This role has a high level of travel to customers sites and candidates will be required to work outside standard business hours on occasion
- Provide amazing customer and equipment support, from the depot and on-site.
- Build positive relationships with customers in person and communicate well through email, and phone conversations.
- Diagnose issues or technical problems, including electrical, mechanical and software-related service issues.
- Understand customer questions or concerns and make appropriate recommendations.
- Create and maintain accurate records within internal systems
- Solve problems as issues arise, working with all required teams in order to resolve effectively every time
- Support robot operations remotely with our web-based monitoring software.
- Present training materials to customers and teach them to use all aspects of the robot.
- Document customer feedback, findings in the field, and work order details
- Diploma, degree, or 2-5 years of experience in an associated field such as electronics, mechanics or robotics
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Exceptional manual dexterity and high attention to detail
- Comfortable and experienced at fault-finding by reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Willingness and ability to travel anywhere in North America
- Hold a valid and up-to-date driver’s license and passport
- Driven individual, passionate about robotics, self-starter and works well as part of a small support team
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that may include: criminal/civil background checks and motor vehicle records search
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with electronics or electro-mechanical devices
- Experience servicing floor cleaning equipment
- Experience working with computers and software tools (Linux experience ideal)
- Experience towing small to medium trailers
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous cleaning robotic solutions to unlock humanity’s potential. Neo is our current groundbreaking autonomous floor scrubbing robot that enhances facility cleanliness around the world empowering reallocation of human capital to higher priority focuses… and we’re just getting started!
Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, we are an employee-focused organization that has been certified a Great Place to Work® consecutively for the last 4 years and one of Deloitte's Fast 500 (2021).
Now is your opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company built on teamwork, innovation, and boundless ambition!
Check Neo out!
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada for any employer
CAD: Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We are a diverse Canadian company founded by international students, and we are proud of the strengths our diversity brings. We hold our executives to the same standards as all of our employees, and we believe work should be a safe space for all. Avidbots has an absolutely zero tolerance policy for discrimination or hate against members of any race, religion or sexual orientation. We also offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.
Upon request, Avidbots will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.