Custom Building Products is North America's industry leader in flooring preparation products and tile and stone installation systems for residential and commercial projects. At Custom Building Products, we make your tile, stone and floor covering installations as fast, easy and durable as possible through performance-driven installation systems and support. We are known for reliable customer service and expert technical support. Custom Building Products' expert customer support team and website resources ensure that you select the right tile installation materials for your job and you know how to use them correctly.
What is "custom" about our building products? Our tile and stone installation, our tile and stone care and maintenance as well as our floor preparation products, are especially designed to accommodate variations in job conditions and the demands imposed on flooring surface preparation, thin-set mortar, grout and tile and stone care products. Our focus is on developing the best shower waterproofing, crack prevention, tile setting mortars and mastics, performance grouts and tile sealer products for each type of job.
Hiring Position: Production - Batch Operator
Production - Monday to Friday - 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Entry level wage: $22 per hour, plus a $1 night shift differential. Compensation reviews at 3 months, and each year beyond.
- Group Health & Dental Benefits after 3 month probationary period
- Group RRSP Plan eligibility after completion of 3 month probationary period
- Employee Discount on products
Responsibilities will include preparation of batches for small powder products, working in semi-automatic mixers, and packaging of various products. Requires capability to understand and follow all quality control and formula instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Prepare batches as set forth in the daily production schedule.
- Placing mixes into blenders and operating the control panel.
- Packaging and palletizing product.
- Reporting low raw and packaging material stocks to the Department Supervisor.
- Cleaning out machines and reporting any unsafe, faulty or defective equipment to the Department Supervisor.
- Transferring samples to the lab.
- Maintaining accurate daily production records and completing departmental paperwork as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to perform functions associated with Packager positions.
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area and equipment according to operating specifications, safety requirements and housekeeping standards. Conducts an equipment inspection before and after use and reports any defects to department supervisor.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe working environment.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues. Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with WCB and CBP safety policies and procedures.
- Must have Grade 12 or equivalent, with good basic math skills and the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Must demonstrate good oral/written communication and organization skills.
- Previous experience with equipment operation in the manufacturing industry an asset.
- Must possess a valid Forklift Operator Certificate (Class 4)
- One to two years experience as a forklift operator or relative industry experience.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System would be an asset.
- Understanding of Safety guidelines.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest. All resumes received will be reviewed. Only applicants advancing to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Custom Building Products.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
We follow all Provincial COVID-19 guidelines
- Secondary School (required)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (preferred)
- Forklift License (required)
Work Location: In person