Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Sales Area Representative, you’re responsible for the customer experience on the retail floor. You demonstrate your passion by staying on top of the latest products and trends within the office & workspace categories. You connect, share your knowledge and enthusiasm, and partner in a consultative manner with our customers and other associates to offer solutions that help customers achieve their working & learning goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Connect, share and partner with customers to identify solutions that cater to their needs and add value.
- Identify referral opportunities. Reconnect and follow up with customers.
- Maintain company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, planograms, promotional planners, ad set-ups and displays.
- Stay updated through the various internal communication channels (mobile app, intranet, bulletin boards, etc).
- Participate in serving customers at the checkout / customer service centre, and on the phone.
- Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- Three months to one year of previously related experience is preferred.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Strong ability with customer service and sales
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to communicate with and engage customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Learning & Development programs
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- And more...
- A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- A moderate level of concentration is required while restocking according to planograms, however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and typically does not exceed more than two consecutive hours at a time.
- A significant amount of effort is required while stocking shelves and placing merchandise, however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and relax.
- We’ll also ask you to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.