Client Services Manager
Cape Breton District
Location: Cape Breton Regional Municipality
Type of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Union Status: Excluded (Non-Union)
Competition # CB 23101
Closing Date: July 10, 2023
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that’s right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia’s housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the District Director, the Client Services Manager is responsible for leading a team that is accountable for the effective and efficient delivery of client services within the Cape Breton District. Working with a diverse tenant population, the incumbent will lead and supervise a range of client services. The incumbent will be responsible for building and maintaining strong, positive relationships both internally and externally. The Client Services Manager will promote the development and delivery of programs and services and utilize change management techniques to drive engagement and adoption of changes intended to enhance the quality of client services.
· Achieve corporate goals by leading with vision, defining, and fostering a culture that favors cooperation and teamwork, measuring the impact of team effectiveness through ongoing monitoring, coaching and performance management, recognizing and rewarding achievements, and emphasizing common objectives through clear work planning processes.
· Ensure that policies, practices, objectives, and processes affecting all program and project deliverables are clearly defined, compliant, appropriately communicated and effectively monitored.
· Direct the coordination and compilation of the business planning and budget planning processes for the Client Services portfolio, ensuring that human, financial, technical, and material resource estimates are reliable and appropriately prioritized.
· Oversee and develop various client service processes, applicable by-laws, protocols, and policies to promote positive client relationships and effective service delivery (e.g., applications, housing placements, income review and rent assessments, collections and recoveries, lease management, property management, pest control, security, eviction prevention and tenant education).
· Work closely with the Building Services, Operations Manager, and Finance and Administration Managers to manage budgets for vacant unit refurbishing and modifications, to ensure the best use of financial resources in meeting housing authority vacant unit turnaround standards and vacancy rate targets.
· Collaborate with the Building Services Manager, Operations Manager and others to ensure implementation and coordination of appropriate emergency preparedness and contingency plans.
· Partner with various community resources to foster positive tenant relations and where necessary, advocate for clients and CBHA.
· Provide support to the District Director as required. Prepare reports and provide documentation and information for Ministerial requests.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field, plus seven years’ related experience and four years’ experience managing diverse employee groups, including unionized staff.
· Demonstrated understanding of NSPHA services, policies and procedures and fundamental knowledge of budget processes.
· Strong knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
· Possess a valid Nova Scotia driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
· First aid and WHMIS certifications.
Competencies required at this level of work are Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, People Management, Leadership, Time Management, Communication, Analytical and Problem Solving.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver’s abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: MC 22
Salary Range: $79,752.74 – $103,678.56 Annually
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve.If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $79,752.74-$103,678.56 per year
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
Work Location: In person