Salary: RN Level 1 $72,827 - $93,582 (exclusive of 10.5% superannuation) plus generous salary packaging and additional allowances as outlined in the award where appropriate
Location: Perth, Bentley & Armadale
Work Type: Casual, Fixed Term - Full Time, Fixed Term - Part Time, Permanent - Full Time, Permanent - Part Time
Position No: EMRN0423
Closing Date: 2023-07-13 6:00 PM (YYYY-MM-DD)
Come join us!
Applications are open for specialist Perioperative Nurses to join one of our leading hospitals within East Metropolitan Health Services (EMHS). We are looking for Nurses who are passionate about making a difference to the lives of people in our community.
If you have at least 12 months experience across perioperative services (including theatres and/or recovery) and have the necessary skills to hit the ground running in a lively hospital environment, then we want to hear from you.
Our vision, “*_Healthy people, amazing care. Koorda moort, moorditj kwabadak*_”, captures the essence of what we do and what we inspire each other to do every day – show compassion, dedication and professionalism.
We Aren’t Just Looking for Locals
If you are an experienced Perioperative Nurse currently located in other parts of Australia or overseas and would like to live in and experience the natural beauty and amazing lifestyle WA has to offer, then we encourage you to apply.
Work with Us
EMHS have a unique and interesting array of perioperative services across the following three facilities:
- Armadale Health Service - One of WA’s leading public general hospitals, located 30 minutes South-east of the Perth CBD; offering quality health care across a range of medical surgical and maternity services. As a perioperative nurse you will work across both theatre and recovery units on a rotational roster, supported through a collegial working environment.
- Bentley Health Service - A 199-bed specialist public hospital that provides specialist care including rehabilitation, elective and same-day surgery, aged care and mental health services. Our perioperative nurses at BHS enjoy a varied and clinical caseload with a variety of diagnostic and day procedures.
- Royal Perth Hospital - Western Australia’s longest-serving tertiary hospital and state trauma centre, located in the Perth CBD, offering a variety of medical, surgical and specialty services. Our perioperative nurses have access to a work environment boasting 15 operating theatres, and an extensive list of surgical specialities where RPH run a dynamic rotational orientation program to all new staff.
We Reward You
East Metropolitan Health Service is committed to staff development and wellbeing. We offer a wide range of benefitsincluding:
- Many options for flexible work arrangements, including working hours and generous leave provisions.
- Access to generous salary packaging arrangements (car leasing, laptops, phones, general living expenses, - including mortgage and rent to name a few).
- Professional development opportunities and study leave/assistance.
- Discounted private health insurance.
- Relocation assistance available to interstate and international applicants (conditions apply), and visa sponsorship may be considered.
About the Job & How to Apply
Applying is easy! Simply complete the online application form and attach a current CV clearly detailing your qualifications; work history and contact details (phone and email) for two (2) referees (one being your current or recent line manager).
This is a Recruitment Pool for Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time, Fixed Term Full Time, Fixed Term Part Time and Casual appointments. Fixed Term appointments will be made with the possibility of extension(s) and/or permanency.
This recruitment pool will be open for 3 months, and the following should be noted:
- The panel will monitor this recruitment pool for applications throughout this timeframe and will assess on a regular basis.
- Suitable applicants will be placed in a pool and appointments may be made when similar vacancies occur within EMHS.
- Appointments may be made from this pool until 13/09/2023.
- Please inform your referees that they may be contacted when you submit your application.
For further job related information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team on +61 89224 7007 or [email protected]
Eligibility and Equality
Australian citizenship or permanent residency is an essential requirement for applicants to be considered for permanent positions in the public sector. To be eligible for a fixed term appointment you must have documentary evidence of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the period of the contract.
Applicants must hold Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse (or be eligible to apply). Please refer to the AHPRA website for registration information. Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia - Nursing (nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au)
EMHS is committed to ensuring that our services are delivered by people who are representative of the diverse communities we assist.
We wholly embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage people to work with us from all ages, races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, family responsibilities or other characteristics, including Aboriginal people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, individuals with a diverse sexuality or gender or bodily diversity, and people with disability.
WA Health is committed to growing the Aboriginal workforce as a part of WA Health’s Aboriginal Workforce Policy. As a measure to achieve equality, Section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 applies to this position. Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply.
WA Health engages staff in positions of trust and responsibility. WA Health policies require applicants to undertake criminal records screening and integrity checking as part of the appointment process. Referees may also be asked to comment on an applicant’s integrity and past demonstration of ethical behaviour.
This position is subject to a Western Australian Working with Children (WWC) check. For further information please refer to the WWC website at: https://workingwithchildren.wa.gov.au
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on, or after, 4:00pm on 13/07/2023 will not be accepted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract