Our Development team is growing and we’re looking for a Junior QA Engineer who is passionate about mastering the best practices of Test Engineering, employing various techniques such as Unit Testing, Integration Testing, End-to-End Testing (browser based), and helping us in implementing a modern Continuous Delivery pipeline. Your work will have tremendous impact, allowing your team to rapidly release code to customers with confidence.
Method understands that businesses are unique and so it is our vision to create a small business platform that is easily personalized for each of our customers. Our flagship product is Method:CRM, a customer relationship management tool made specifically for small businesses who have outgrown their processes. Unlike other CRMs, the combination of Method’s deep QuickBooks sync and no-code customization engine enable businesses to achieve their optimal workflows.
At Method, doing fantastic work is just as important as looking out for each other and our community. From flex hours, full benefits and monthly team events to our Method:Gives program, we do our best to support both our employees and community. You can learn more about Method and our team here!
As a Junior QA Engineer, you will be part of a driven and supportive team that’s always striving to deliver value to our customers by:
- Developing high quality Unit Tests, Integration Tests and End-to-End Tests to ensure fast and reliable iterative development.
- Create test plans and test cases in an Agile environment.
- Help your team in delivering a high quality product.
- Participate and share your ideas in technical discussions.
- Assist your team in achieving quarterly OKRs.
- Develop your craft, build and share your experience in the field.
What You Bring
Before you read this next section, we want you to know that we know the “ideal candidate” doesn’t exist — everybody has a unique background and skill set. Even if you don’t check every box below, we’d love for you to apply - we are building for the future and growth potential is a priority for us!
- Post-secondary education in the following areas preferred: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent training/experience.
- Good understanding of relational databases, especially SQL Server.
- 1-2 years of working experience in developing Integration Testing (API level) with Python or Katalon.
- 1-2 years of working experience with Selenium based tools such as Katalon or Robot Framework.
- Good understanding of HTML 5, and CSS.
- Fluent with Git source control, and GitHub.
- Passionate for building engaging user experiences.
- Must be self-motivated, goal driven and possess the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to the overall team’s success in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with the following is a nice to have: exposure to .NET Web stack: MVC, Web API, React, Redux, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis, good understanding of OOD/OOP, and experience with Agile methodology, such as Kanban or Scrum.
What We Offer
- Fun team collaborative environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to be involved in many discussions: It is the kind of experience you can only get from a small company.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures as well as a quarterly professional development budget.
- Flexible hybrid policy.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of Adelaide and Spadina Ave.
- Health care, vision and dental plan.
- Company and team social events.
- Salary range: $50,000-$55,000 p.a.
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Onboard and acclimate with the Development and QA team.
- Understand Method’s values and how our teams collaborate to drive results.
- Learn and become an expert of our internal communication tools, norms, and practices.
- Complete Method’s Bootcamp.
- Work with your manager to build out tailored goals and a plan to set you in the right direction for the upcoming quarter.
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Contribute to the Development and QA team's culture, processes, and best practices
- Write test cases and begin adding test cases to our automation framework.
- Build relationships with developers, product and other QA team members.
- Complete training on Method process and tools used in Methods development process
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Work closely with your manager to explore goals for the rest of the year.
- Continue to use and become proficient with tools used at Method and the QA team.
- Raise your hand and get involved in new projects and initiatives within the QA team.
- Participate in your first quarterly performance review.
In your first year, you will:
- Own the QA process for your scrum team.
- Make recommendations for process or tool improvements.
- Become an integral part and voice of the QA team at Method.
- Participate in your first annual review.
We thank all applicants in advance, and will contact only those who we wish to interview. No phone calls or agencies please.
Method is an equal opportunity employer for all — regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status or able-bodiedness. As part of our commitment to be an inclusive and accessible workplace, we’re happy to provide accommodations for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year