This job will be posted until 4:00 pm on Friday, September 29th, 2023
Marcon Site Safety Coordinators are an integral part of the team, helping to deliver our HSE program at the site level. Working closely with the Site Superintendent on a day-to-day basis, the successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of site safety and ensure employees and contractors remain in compliance with relevant safety legislation.
Our mission is to be the leader in creating thriving places and spaces in growing urban areas. We pride ourselves on being a trusted name in the real estate and construction community, building to the highest quality standards every time. None of that is possible without a dedicated team, working together, to make it all happen. We are looking for leaders that want to build their skills and careers with us, while helping chart a new course for success in real estate development and construction. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial environment where your ideas are heard, and you can make a difference in how things get done.
About the Role
Support the Project Superintendent on-site throughout the construction phase;
- Promote a culture of job site safety, where safety is everyone’s responsibility;
- Regularly monitor health, safety & environmental compliance of workers and sub-contractors;
- Conduct site specific health, safety & environmental orientations for all new site workers and visitors;
- Facilitate and participate in site inspections and implement corrective action as required;
- Prepare site safety plans, conduct hazard assessments, incident investigations and risk assessments, as required;
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and injuries are properly reported to all appropriate parties;
- Review contractors’ documentation for accuracy and provide feedback to personnel;
- Conduct health, safety & environment meetings and toolbox talks;
- Maintain and prepare thorough documentation and reports and ensure that all documentation is stored securely to uphold relevant privacy legislation;
- Collect and review FLHA’s;
- Keep management updated on all safety issues that arise;
- Support Marcon’s HSE program and COR program;
- Administer first aid as necessary;
- Assist with labour duties and site maintenance if and when required; and
- Perform other job site duties as assigned.
- Construction Safety Officer (CSO) training completed and three years’ experience within a Construction Safety role is required.
- Preferred Occupational First Aid Level 3 (Level 2 OFA with Transport Endorsement is acceptable).
- Up to date good working knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations, policies, guidelines and standards.
- Proactive in identifying hazards and implementing corrective measures to ensure that health, safety & environment standards are being met on site.
- Demonstrated ability to keep detailed and accurate health, safety & environment records.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to influence others, in matters of health, safety & environment.
- Adaptable, and able to use good judgement and manage the unexpected.
- Able to commute to any of our site locations throughout the Metro Vancouver area.
What We Offer
- Full-time, long-term employment;
- Group benefits after 3 months;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- Dynamic fun work environment and company wide social events; and of course
- Competitive pay rates
If you are an enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is interested in being a part of our team, then we want to hear from you!