Gorman Bros. Lumber Ltd., a division of the Gorman Group, is a modern, progressive sawmill located in West Kelowna, in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley. At Gorman Bros., we believe in our people and believe that the involvement and contribution of each employee is essential to our long-term success. We offer excellent benefits and wages and, most importantly, safe working conditions.
We are accepting applications for our entry-level production positions for our spareboard. These are on-call positions that will lead to fulltime positions. The duties will include sorting, stacking and piling lumber in a fast-pace, machine-driven setting as well as sorting, cutting, and adding value to wood byproducts. Applicants are required to work shift work and be available for all shifts.
- Ability to perform repetitive, physically demanding tasks for extended periods of time and in varying weather conditions
- Able to work safely under the pressure of production equipment
- Experience with and/or around machinery and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Be available to work Graveyard, Day and/or Afternoon shifts, on short notice
- Able to work in a team setting
- Reliable transportation to/from work
The Gorman Group of Companies is family owned and proudly made up of Gorman Bros. Lumber Ltd., Canoe Forest Products, Oroville Reman and Reload, Downie Timber, Selkirk Cedar, and Lumby Pole Divisions. For over 70 years, we have been known for creating The Finest Boards and other specialty wood products. Perhaps even more, we are known for working together.
The Gorman Group is more than just a group of companies…we are a family! We value the family roots that connect us and the employees that work for us. We believe our employees are fundamental to our success as we strive to become the employer of choice through our strong family values, culture, community involvement, innovation, and constant drive for excellence.
The Gorman Group is committed to the well-being of future generations and is fully committed to responsible and sustainable forest management of the lands where our operations are conducted. Our commitment to the environment encompasses the highest levels of stewardship and welcomes accountability.
- Family supporting jobs and a safe place to build your career
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Pension plan
- Shift premiums
- Diverse work opportunities
- An open and innovative culture
- A progressive and dynamic work environment
We are more than a company…we are a community! We believe this community begins at work and with YOU!
In accordance with BC’s Employment Standards Act, due to the nature of the job duties, you must be 18 years of age. If you possess the skills and qualifications required for this challenging position, we want to hear from you! Complete an application on our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Gorman Group is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce in a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagramto stay up to date on Gorman Group news and job postings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.05-$33.47 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person