PURCHASING ASSISTANT, Richmond BC
Do you enjoy working with a close team of supportive professionals? Do you want to commit to an organization with an outstanding record for safety and reliability? Are you searching for an employer who provides amazing perks and works hard to provide a work-life balance for their employees? If so, look no further!!
The Administrative Assistant will work in the Purchasing department and communicate heavily with other departments, including the accounting team as well as external vendors. The position assists various team members acquire necessary supplies for daily operations.
This position is a junior role in the Purchasing Department; we are looking for the right candidate that is motivated to learn and enjoys working with others.
WORK HOURS: Monday to Friday, some flexibility in shift times
LOCATION: 5400 Airport Road South, Richmond BC
TERM: Full Time Regular (Permanent)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Competitive wages, training and opportunities for growth, extended medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, flight perks (including buddy passes and global inter-airline partnerships), revenue share, RRSP matching program, discounts at local restaurants and travel partner organizations, personal use of automotive garage, uniform and shoe allowance, staff events and much more!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- All non-routine purchasing.
- Receiving and filling requests from other company bases.
- Sourcing, ordering, and filling office supply and uniform requests.
- Assisting in organizing and maintaining inventory.
- Creating and updating departmental training manuals and sales documents.
- Managing the receiving/ distribution and purchasing of company souvenir items
- Local deliveries and pick-ups.
- Invoice reconciliation and approving across multiple platforms.
- MSDS database maintenance
- Answering and directing calls within the Purchasing and Stores department; other clerical duties as required.
· Prior experience in a supply chain department.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast paced and safety sensitive environment.
· Excellent communication skills with good command of English both written and spoken.
· Ability and desire to work in a team-based environment.
· Committed to the four values of our company – Safety, Integrity, Customer Service and Team Spirit.
· Experience using an ERP system, committed to successful implementation of new software and hardware to manage inventory and the shipping process.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs and perform active tasks.
· Valid driver’s licence
· Proficient ability in Excel and word processing systems.
· Aviation and/or industrial experience is an asset.
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR AEROSPACE SERVICES LTD.
- Our Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) was created almost 30 years ago and most recently went by the name Aeroflite International Services Ltd. It is recognized around the world as one of the leading authorities of the DeHavilland product. Department wide, our people have been working on and around aircraft for close to a millennium. The Purchasing/ Stores department supports the aircraft maintenance as well as general company operations.
ABOUT HARBOUR AIR GROUP
Launched in 1982, Harbour Air is North America’s largest seaplane airline. With around 500 employees, it flies more than half a million passengers annually both within BC and to/from Seattle, USA.
Our people are the backbone of our organization, and we are committed to creating a culture that inspires one another to achieve extraordinary success. We have regularly been honored as the recipient of numerous awards including Canada’s Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top 55 Employers, and Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
APPLY NOW: Email your resume and cover letter quoting 23-72 Administrative Assistant, Richmond
DEADLINE: Open until filled
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Harbour Air is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion and value a diverse workforce. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and communities we serve.
Harbour Air is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Accommodations in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require any accommodation, please email us and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person