Junior Structural Engineer (E2)
Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd., a multi-disciplined Engineering firm in Brandon, Manitoba is responsible for designing innovative buildings and structures, as well as utilizing custom design solutions to meet our client’s ever changing business challenges.
We are now looking to enhance and grow our Buildings and Structures team with individuals with a sound technical background and who share our enthusiasm and determination to support our expanding business. As a contributing member of our Structural Engineering team, you will enjoy a fast-paced, friendly environment that is collaborative and energized to deliver design solutions in a timely and cost- effective manner. Self-motivation, teamwork, and the ability to work within time constraints are essential to this role.
As a Junior Engineer in our Buildings and Structures Department, your role is to work with the mentorship and guidance of our Senior, and Intermediate Engineers on large projects while developing the skills to lead/work independently on smaller structural design projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assists the Structural Project Engineer in the analysis and design of various buildings and structures utilizing structural design software or hand calculations as appropriate to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Works with Project Design team which includes Junior to Senior Structural Engineers and Technologists to complete and review construction drawings.
- Perform calculations for submission and review with the Structural Project Engineer.
- Prepare contract documents and specifications as requested by Structural Project Engineer.
- Generates preliminary and final reports for projects as assigned by Structural Project Engineer.
- Coordinates with other disciplines (Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assist with building condition assessments.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Support field and internal team members to achieve team goals.
- Stay current on all changes in codes and industry standards both at provincial and national levels.
- Support CAD Operators as required to balance flow of submittals and production drawings.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Complete site visits and field inspections on projects as requested by the Structural Project Engineer.
- Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Assists in the review of contractor’s shop drawings and submittals, investigate, and develop engineered solutions to requests for information, prepare site observation reports, and perform other contract administration jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural concentration from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Summer work experience in the Engineering field or co-op experience would also be an asset.
- Registered as an Engineer-in-Training with the Engineers and Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM) or comparable provincial association regulatory body.
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to Extended Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and Vision Health Plans
- Company matched Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Professional membership fee coverage
- Paid Professional Development and Training
- Onsite fitness facility
Position Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brandon, MB
Rate of Pay: $54,000.00 to $60,000.00 based on individual education, qualifications, and experience
Closing Date: When suitable candidates are selected
Applicants should submit a resume for consideration to:
Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
903 Rosser Avenue
Brandon, MB R7A 0L3
Or email to: [email protected] and reference “Junior Structural Engineer” in the subject line
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $54,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB R7A 0L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- structural engineering: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person