Health and Safety Coordinator
Arsenault Bros Construction is Atlantic Canada’s leading contractor in commercial interior finishing. Our approach is simple, our business is all about relationships. From our employees, to contractors, to managers - everyone who works with Arsenault Bros are treated like family. Our reputation for quality has grown our business over the past 40 years.
WE want YOU to join our family. Apply today at www.arsenaultbros/careers/
Share This Opportunity
Who WE ARE
Moncton, New Brunswick
We are looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join our New Brunswick Branch. It's more than just safety. It’s about making sure everyone gets home safe to their families. If you’re a safety professional and want to make a difference, read on to learn more about our exciting opportunity!
In this role you will leverage your effective communication and technical skills to coach and lead across all roles. You will apply your OH&S knowledge to support safety initiatives, investigations, joint health and safety committees, safety programs, emergency response plans, and onboarding orientations. You will identify opportunities to engage our workforce and help drive the business forward by encouraging team members to live and breathe our safety programs and work procedures.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Completion of post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety;
- 1+ years’ experience in the construction industry and health and safety management on construction projects;
- A NCSO designation would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Certificate of Recognition (COR);
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships is essential;
- Good computer skills are a must.
- Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in both team and self-directed environments;
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts.
We value diversity at Arsenault Bros Construction and know that experience and knowledge comes in many forms. Even if you don’t have all of the qualifications above, please apply. We would love to hear your story and have you grow with us.
What will you be doing:
- You will advise, mentor, and assist the Arsenault Bros Construction team members on the Health and Safety program to ensure companywide compliance.
- Participate in project start-up with the development of construction plans, kick-off meetings, and hazard identification.
- Be present regularly on our construction sites to maintain a culture focused on prevention, conduct inspections and build relationships.
- You will support and lead our team through accident/incident investigations.
- You will liaise with WCB regarding workplace injuries and coordinate the return-to-work plans.
- You will coordinate all safety related training and ensure records are kept up to date.
- Manage safety metrics and reporting.
We take care of our people! What is in it for you?
- You’ll take on an exciting new challenge with supportive team members.
- You will earn a competitive salary and participate in benefit and retirement plans, so you don’t have to choose between your bottom line and your wellbeing or your future.
- A fun, future focused environment driven by the family values of HUMILITY, TRUST, and PRIDE IN YOUR WORK.
Follow us onLinkedInand Facebookto stay up to date on Arsenault Bros Construction Ltd latest news, job postings, and adventures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,869.11-$65,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person