Canadian Tire Port Hawkesbury is looking for an experienced leader to help strengthen our Automotive Service Centre. This role would be suitable for someone looking for long-term career potential or perhaps someone with ambitions of becoming a Canadian Tire Dealer or GM that wants experience in Auto Service. Salary will be competitive and relative to a potential candidate's overall experience.
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader - automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our service department by leading our auto service team in providing the ultimate customer experience by building customer trust and loyalty through high quality workmanship and professional and knowledgeable staff. The Service Manager works collaboratively with the Associate Dealer/ General Manager to establish sales objectives, cost controls and strategies for growth and profitability in the Auto Service Centre. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of automotive systems and repair procedures, as well as strong customer service and leadership skills.
- Provide effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management to team members in order to offer excellent customer service.
- Reviews and implements Service Centre policies and procedures that improve the Customer Experience through high quality repairs and building customer relationships.
- Develops and implements a long-term strategy and action plan to attract and retain customers.
- Leads by example and consistently displays excellent customer service.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds accountable an Auto Service team that will meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability.
- Improves sales and profitability for the Service Centre and monitors the operating budget by tracking sales and expenses.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and key factors impacting the Service Centre business and takes action to align Service Centre initiatives accordingly.
- Maintains quality workmanship through monitoring uniformed inspection guidelines.
- Maintains service department presentation through daily inspections.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects while considering team skill levels, customer wait times and the availability of parts and equipment.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Implements training structure and professional development strategy within the Service Centre.
- Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors, as required.
- Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings and actively participates in management meetings.
- Knowledge of market trends in the automotive service industry.
- Ability to work effectively with auto parts ordering systems and computerized work order systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is an asset.
- Valid driver's licence for province of employment.
- Management experience in a customer service-oriented industry.
- Management experience in the auto service industry is an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire Auto Service Centre is an asset.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Leadership 3-5 years (preferred)
- Automotive related: 3-5 years (preferred)
- Service Advisor: 3-5 years (preferred)
- Customer service: 3-5 years (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $42,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Hawkesbury, NS B9A 2R8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- service advisor: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (required)
- Leadership: 3 years (required)
- Automotive repair: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person