Senior Structural Engineer
At Stephenson Engineering, a Salas O’Brien company we tell our clients that we’re engineered for impact. This passion for making a difference applies just as much to our team as it does to our projects. That’s why we’re committed to living our values every day: inspiring, achieving, and connecting as shared owners of our success with a focus on a sustainable future.
Building for the long-term means that all of our team members can expect to work on amazing projects with a people-first approach to problem solving. It also means that each member of our team has truly limitless potential to build a unique, meaningful, and high-impact career—and they’ll receive great total rewards along the way.
Founded in 1975, Salas O’Brien is an employee-owned engineering and professional services firm focused on achieving impact for our clients, our team, and the world. We know that tomorrow’s requirements are today’s opportunities, and we are here to design lasting solutions for pressing challenges.
We work across a variety of industries providing integrated engineering and consulting services. Our specialized experience includes design for data centers, healthcare, science and technology, high-rise buildings, clean energy, education, and other building types as well as structural and building sciences, infrastructure asset management, advanced robotics, and more.
Our technical expertise is paired with an exceptional team of business development, human resources, finance and accounting, information technology, and marketing professionals, all of whom play a key role in bringing our commitments to life every day.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing, successful team. In this role you will assist with growing the office, designing buildings and providing technical expertise to our structural projects in areas such as Residential, Commercial, Hi Tech, Mixed-use, and Healthcare.
- Responsibility to design and detail structures including calculations and computer modeling, for steel, concrete, masonry, and timber structures.
- Collaborate with engineers and drafting colleagues to assemble tender documents and/or reports.
- Work with design team and supervise junior and mid-level structural engineers.
- Coordinating projects with Architectural, Electrical and Mechanical consultants and attend meetings with other disciplines, client and contractors.
- Perform site reviews if required.
- You have 10+ years of structural engineering experience.
- You have experience in designing steel, concrete, wood, and masonry structures for buildings with ability to use design software such as ETABS, SAP 2000, SAFE and RAM.
- You have suitable experience in the design of new and renovation projects in variety of projects including, Commercial offices, Residential buildings, Healthcare, Hospitality, Industrial and/or Pharma/Biotech.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering with a specialization in Structural Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer with PEO would be an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Stephenson Engineering, a Salas O’Brien company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, or local laws. Salas O’Brien will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants as required by law.