Q Residential is a growing apartment management company, focused on matching unique client needs and lifestyles, with well-appointed, secure and superbly maintained residences, in quality locations. Our vision is to continue our growth by ensuring our tenants and employees receive professional and courteous service.
Reasons to Join Our Team
- Competitive salaries and Employer paid benefits.
- Recognition awards, bonuses, and events.
- Ongoing training and career advancement opportunities.
- Apartment benefit
Assistant Resident Manager/Superintendent
We are seeking a full-time Assistant Resident Manager/Superintendent to live on-site and work at our residential building in Scarborough, Ontario. Come join our team!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the building and grounds are safe, clean, and presentable.
- Respond to tenant questions, concerns, emergencies, and complaints in a timely manner.
- Build positive tenant relations and communications.
- Assist the Cleaner with thoroughly cleaning lobbies, vestibules, laundry room, elevators, garbage chute and compactor rooms, washroom, hallways & stairwells, including mopping and vacuuming of all floors.
- Rent vacant units and collect rents.
- Assist the Resident Manager with the move in and move out of tenants.
- Monitor building activities.
- Assist the Resident Manager with performing administrative tasks such as data entry, logging, etc.
- Assist the Resident Manager with performing basic building repairs in electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Assist the Resident Manager with performing seasonal work as required such as gardening, snow removal (shoveling and salting).
- Understand and comply with health and safety practices, work instructions and procedures, as established through the Q Residential Corporate Compliance Policy.
- Must be able to deal effectively with unruly or unhappy tenants.
- Time will be spent walking throughout the property, including up and down stairs.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, and respond to after-hour emergencies.
- Maintenance skills
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Strong follow up skills and able to deal with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Salary is dependent on experience. Previous experience is required, but we are open to individuals with previous transferable skills such as: Cleaning, maintenance experience required (plumbing/electrical), and administration.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Q Residential is committed to providing accessibility to all candidates and will make necessary accommodations in order to ensure equal opportunity among all candidates.
Q Residential is committed to providing a safe working environment and protecting the health and safety of our employees, residents, visitors and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. All Q Residential employees are required to be fully vaccinated or provide proof of exemption recognized by Human Rights legislation as a condition of employment in accordance with the Company’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Scarborough, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Are you willing to take a criminal background check?
- property management: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person