We are looking for a SMT Operator to join our team at a afternoon shift (4:30 pm to 1:30 am). SMT Operators ensures that all GVA products meet our high-quality standards and specifications. Reporting to the SMT Supervisor, you will frequently communicate feedback and suggestions to create an environment of continuous and focused improvement.
GVA Lighting creates outstanding lighting systems and signature lighting projects worldwide in cooperation with the best lighting designers and architects in the world. Our engineering, design and manufacturing takes place right here in the Greater Toronto Area and you can become a part of it!
- Perform frequent set-up and smooth operation of SMT equipment.
- Interpret assembly drawings and schematics against Bill of Materials, Work Orders and Pick & Place Locator / documents.
- Conduct quality inspections and create reports of electronic assemblies produced by SMT according to the Company specification and regulatory documents (at least Class 2 assembly according to IPC-A-610).
- Perform “First off” inspections to ensure correct component locations, orientation, LED bin, component value, and any damage that might occur in SMT production.
- Assist in building prototype and NPI products.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates on the ERP system.
- Light lifting when required (e.g. SMT feeders, SMT Components, PCBs, Racks, etc.).
- Maintain accurate PCBs, parts and SMT components inventory
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned to effectively carry out the abovementioned duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications & Abilities
- At least 1-year relevant SMT Set-up and Operation experience.
- Experience in Setting-up and Operating DEK/Samsung Paste Printer, Samsung Pick & Place, Reflow Oven, or similar Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI).
- Familiar with SMT Electronics Components and Printed Circuit Boards.
- Can work in a fast paced SMT Machine Operation environment and able to meet tight production schedule / deadline.
- Can do SMT operation in a low volume-high mix operation with frequent machine changeover/set-up or loading of reeled components on feeders.
- Employees receive on the job training for valuable and transferrable skills, and will have continuous learning opportunities in the organization
- When you work with us you qualify for employer sponsored health benefits and retirement savings plan
- You will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience
- You may take pride in having participated in landmark projects at home and around the world
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process. We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting however only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person