Position Title: Registered Nurse – 3E Medical Unit
Position Status: Full Time
Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Norfolk General Hospital provides exceptional healthcare to a municipality of approximately 69,000 people. Our area of focus provides a continuum of service throughout the life span of the people we serve including Emergency, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Medicine, Surgery, and Complex
Continuing Care. Employing approximately 550 highly skilled and dedicated employees, Norfolk General Hospital continues to be a full service 106-bed hospital with round the clock on-call coverage of Specialists in Surgery,
Anesthesia, Internal Medicine, and Obstetrics, as well as on-site 24 hour per day medical coverage.
Simcoe is less than one hour away from most major centers, including Hamilton and London, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area. Situated in Norfolk County (Ontario’s South Coast), Simcoe is not far from Lake Erie and the 88 miles of shoreline that includes long stretches of sandy beach.
About the Position
Norfolk General Hospital is seeking a Registered Nurse for 3E. The ideal candidate would be dedicated to patient care and committed to championing the Hospital’s Mission to relieve illness and suffering, and help people live healthier lives.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent experience in nursing on medical unit with demonstrated ability in clinical assessment and management of patients with medically complex conditions
- Sound problem-solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Understanding of rehabilitation philosophy
- Demonstrated abilities in patient teaching using Teach Back methodology
- Demonstrated commitment to patient partnered care
- Excellent communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Evidence of continuing education
- Current BCLS Heart and Stroke
- Competence in management of IV therapy
- Knowledge of computer applications in a Microsoft Environment
- Familiarity with Meditech order entry system preferred
- Excellent attendance record.
- Adherence to all health and safety policies, procedures and provisions and the recognition and reporting of unsafe hazards and work practices
Hours of Work: Applicants must be willing to work shifts, weekends and holidays as required
In order to ensure equal opportunities during the recruitment and selection process, Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing
Home provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request.
Norfolk General Hospital and Norfolk Hospital Nursing Home thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $34.24-$49.02 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simcoe, ON N3Y 1T7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Work Location: In person