Requisition ID: 178690
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Deli
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia
City: Lower Sackville
Location: 0670 Sackville Sobeys
Postal Code: B4E 1R7
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Fulfill duties for all areas of the Deli/ A La Carte Department. Supervise the Deli/A La Carte Department and staff in the absence of the Manager. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise Deli /A La Carte personnel in the absence of Deli Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Complete customer deli/ a La Carte orders
- Merchandise Deli/ A La Carte Department service cases
- Prepare and merchandise Deli/ A La Carte programs
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- Minimum of 12 months of experience
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.