We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator at the Côté Gold Project, in Ontario.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES :
As part of his duties, the Health and Safety Coordinator must:
- Develop security policies, procedures and systems and ensure continuous improvement;
- Audit, maintain and update security systems;
- Collect and analyze data on safety performance;
- Inform and raise awareness of employees about safety regulations, industry trends and new practices;
- Identify, assess and control security risks;
- Act as a resource person within the internal mining health and safety committee;
- Work in collaboration with the mine's health and safety team to ensure compliance with established policies;
- Perform field inspections to ensure that security policy procedures are practiced and maintained;
- Participate in health and safety meetings;
- Provide training for all employees in terms of occupational health and safety, in accordance with the Ontario applicated laws and company standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS SOUGHT :
- Valid driver's license;
- Bilingualism (English-French);
- 3 years of experience in the operation of an open pit mine;
- 3 years of experience as a health and safety advisor and trainer;
- Solid experience with Ontario labor and health and safety laws, standards and regulations;
- Specialized "MTCU Surface Common Core" modules;
- Hold a "Train the trainer" certificate;
- Advanced skills with the Office suite;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Good organizational capacity and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to coach and lead his team.
CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS :
- Position : Permanent / Full time;
- Location : Côté Gold Project, Ontario;
- Work schedule : 14-14;
- Group Insurance;
- RRSP Match;
- Employee assistance program.
Thank you for your interest in the position of Health and Safety Coordinator. Only candidates with the required profile will be contacted. However, all resumes will be retained for future reference.
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of simplifying the text and does not carry any discriminatory intent.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Health and Safety: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person