The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for supervising the Guest Services team including Guest Service Agents, and Night Auditors. A GSS provides leadership, direction, and guidance to the team, ensuring the guests receive the highest level of service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, trains, and manages performance of front desk staff.
- Ensures each guest is provided with the best possible experience, utilizing tools and techniques provided by the Guest Service Manager.
- Remains calm and alert during emergencies, heavy workloads, and other complications.
- Fields guests’ complaints and inquiries while developing and negotiating the most effective solutions.
- Assists the GSM in verifying and confirming all incoming OTA and third- party reservations for accuracy, rate, payment structures and deposits as required.
- Assists the GSM and GM in revenue yielding management meetings.
- Perform the duties of a Guest Service Agent or Night Auditor as required.
- Support and manage the signature training program for the department including reviewing calls, coaching team members, and performance managing when necessary.
- Provide property site tours to potential guests with accurate knowledge of property details and services.
- Ability to communicate efficiently between Guest Services Department and all other hotel departments to assure the highest level of Guest satisfaction.
- Conduct performance reviews and performance management when required.
- Complete daily checklists and clearly communicate through daily pass on with colleagues.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned guest services professional with outstanding, supervisory or management skills and extensive firsthand experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A post secondary education in hotel management is an asset. Must have excellent verbal, written and computer system skills.
Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Supervisor.
Must have previous experience as a front desk agent or night auditor.
Clique Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.18-$25.06 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canmore, AB T1W 3K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- supervisory: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person