We are a North American Leader in the Fabrication sectors with operations across Canada, and the
USA. We are a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing steel components and complex, high value-added assemblies for the agricultural, construction, mining, energy, heavy truck and industrial sectors.
In this role the Millwright is responsible to troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and production supporting equipment with hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanic components. Maintain facility.
The Millwright will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate toolroom machines such as lathe, milling machine, grinder, etc. and manufacture parts with these machines to close tolerances.
- Fabricate frames, platforms and other structural components by utilizing Mig, Tig and Arc welding equipment.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting tasks and is familiar with changing fuses and electrical switches.
- Improve hydraulic circuits and systems with regards to stoppage of leaks, cleanliness of hydraulic oil, replacement of untidy pipes and hoses, etc.
- Pass on information, experiences and knowledge to other maintenance employees with regards to repair jobs, preventive maintenance, problem symptoms, etc.
- Listen to information, experiences and knowledge passed on by previous shift employees, to ensure effective, non-repetitive problem solving and machine repair.
- Update hydraulic, mechanic and pneumatic circuit diagrams of existing production equipment if any changes are made to the design.
- Help to maintain adequate hydraulic, mechanic and pneumatic spare part inventory levels in stockroom.
- Select and specify hydraulic, mechanic and pneumatic components for purchasing purposes.
- Maintain work order and preventive / predictive maintenance system by filling in the required forms.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance on production and production supporting equipment.
- Ensure work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
- Store equipment and tools properly when not in use.
- Work in a cost-effective manner and maintain a high standard of quality and excellent workmanship.
- Adhere to the standards and rules described in the Associate Handbook.
- Matcor Metal Fabrication’s lockout procedure must be followed.
- Replace all guarding and remove bypasses to equipment before releasing back to production.
- Promote and facilitate positive communication with and between all employees.
- Comply with Matcor’s safety policies and procedures and ensure that safe practices are used at all times.
- Be open and flexible to new ideas and strategies.
- Support participation in: 8Ds, Non-conformance System, special teams, etc.
- Participate in benchmarking of new tooling and equipment.
- Follows and comply with all Operational Procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee
Handbook, Quality and Environment programs (i.e. IATF, ISO 14001)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Rev Date: 7-Feb-19
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Personal commitment to high quality standards. Strong communication skills and an ability to formulate positive interpersonal relationships.
- Strategic thinker and effective problem solver.
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable.
- Team player.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Licensed Millwright.
- Must have basic tools.
- Four (4) to five (5) years’ experience as a millwright in a fabrication or automotive manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical theory.
- Ability to use Mig, Tig, and Arc welding equipment.
- Ability to use milling machine, lathe, and grinder.
- Ability to perform basic pipe and hose installations.
- Ability to perform basic electrical troubleshooting such as changing fuses and switches – only on
120V or 24V circuit but not on voltages 575V.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38.00-$41.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brampton, ON L6T 1B5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- millwright: 4 years (required)
- Millwright License (required)
Work Location: In person