Location Details: Head Office
PostalCode: H4S 1W8
Requisition Number: 12916-TEF-09-01-2023
Date Opened: November 22, 2023
Number of Openings: 1
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Class: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Career Level: Experienced
Who We Are:
Hey, we're Ardene!
We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and jewelry retailer. Today, we're on a whole new level, with 300+ stores in Canada, the USA and internationally – not to mention ardene.com and our app!
We believe that fashion shouldn’t be exclusive or intimidating – it should be celebrated with youthful confidence and fearless enthusiasm. Our journey is ongoing in this new era of retail, as we focus more than ever before on customer experience and sustainable practices.
We also take employee wellbeing and personal growth to heart. Our teams focus on driving initiatives in the area of mental health, diversity & inclusion, engagement and recognition. This includes our many mindfulness programs too, so our teams can create meaningful connections, lead with intention and kindness, and be their best selves at work and in their lives.
Want to learn more about Life at Ardene? Check out our careers site for the latest updates & read one-on-one personal interviews with team members from across Ardene.
WHO YOU ARE:
We are currently looking for an English to French Translator to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. The EN-FR translator will provide full-time support to the team by assisting with various translation and proofreading tasks and projects as assigned in a fast-paced and fun environment. This role is an opportunity to learn and be part of every element in fashion marketing communications from end to end.
Reporting to Communications Director, and in close collaboration with the Senior Translator & Language Specialist, the EN-FR Translator will primarily support the Marketing and ecommerce teams, while offering secondary support to HR, Operations, Customer Service, Packaging, and Head Office teams with translation, correction and proofreading.
The EN-FR translator’s main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translation and proofreading of all Marketing elements. This includes, but may not be limited to, assets such as windows, signage, easels, in-store elements, social posts, packaging, Foundation elements, memos, product knowledge, and more.
- Translation and proofreading of all ecommerce newsletters, homepages, banners, product categories, content pages, ads, SEM, Website and App copy.
- Translation and proofreading of all Marketing legal texts and documents, including for promotions and contests.
- Translation and proofreading of all Social Media posts, publications, ads, contests, legals, etc.
- Other translation tasks as assigned, including translation and proofreading of HR/Corporate documents such as job description postings, employee programs and documents, Head Office newsletter, memos, Corporate and Foundation Website elements, etc.
- Translation and proofreading of all Operations launch packages, memos, weekly newsletters, new system manuals, etc.
- Any other assigned translation and proofreading tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Impeccable French writing (beyond fluency, must be a skilled writer who can produce content for various channels).
- Ability to communicate perfectly in both French and English (both in reading, writing, communication and comprehension).
- Ability to write and proofread in English as well as French considered a strong asset.
- University degree in translation, or equivalent experience, specialization in marketing and publicity an asset.
- Ability to work hybrid, 3 days in office, 2 days from home
- Working knowledge of MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experience working with project management software an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, with a capacity to manage multiple priorities and deadlines and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Strong team player with a positive mindset.
GROW WITH US!
We’re pretty proud to say that everything we do starts with our people – whether it’s in-store or at the head office. From sales associates and store leadership; dedicated in-house apparel and design teams; marketing, brand, and digital experts; stylists, photographers, and graphic designers; all the way to store concept and operations. We do it all. Ardene is truly a creative hub that is second to none.
Be part of a fun, dynamic and energetic team! Join our team and begin your career at one of North America’s top retail chains!
Ardene is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of an individual’s race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.