Under the direction of the Librarian 3, Library Supervisor 1, 2, 3 and 4 or their designate, the Customer Services Assistant 1 provides exceptional customer service and performs duties necessary for efficient library operations.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN BRING
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills required to interpret customer’s needs and offer solutions and alternatives.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and think on your feet.
- A broad interest in a variety of genres/authors.
- Demonstrated ability to use a computer including email, word processing, database searching and familiarity with automated library systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency and interest in using a variety of related digital devices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 30 wpm.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Aptitude and ability to perform basic troubleshooting of software and hardware.
- Completion of the following courses or equivalent courses from recognized institutions with library technician programs from:
UFV: two out of three of the following:
- LIBT 100: Introduction to Libraries
- LIBT 140: Library Public Services
- LIBT 145: Online Searching
Langara: two out of three of the following:
- LIBR 1120: Philosophy and Functions
- LIBR 2416: Reference Resources and Services
- LIBR 1111: Online Search and Information Handling
- Up to six months work related and on the job experience.
- Criminal Record check is required.
Fraser Valley Regional Library is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace and recognizes that a working environment that encourages input from all perspectives can only enhance our services to the public. We invite candidates who bring a diversity of thought, skills, and experiences to apply and thank you in advance for your interest and contributions.