One of the most important jobs of the youth is to make the elderly happy.
CareCorp Senior Services is a trusted company who provides superior healthcare, food and support services to long-term care and assisted living facilities across BC.
We are looking for a dietary aide/food service worker to join our amazing kitchen team in one of our beautiful care facilities.
Previous experience working with the senior community is_ preferred_ but not required.
Facility address: Sunridge Place, 361 Bundock Avenue, Duncan, BC, V9L 3P1
- Permanent Part Time.
- 4 days on 2 days off.
Compensation: $20.97 per hour plus benefits after probation
- Performs all duties in relation to the serving and distribution of food. Ensures that food is served in accordance with the dietary requirements of the residents.
- Strips, racks, and washes items such as dishes, pots, pans and utensils; operates dishwashing machine; stacks clean dishes and utensils; sets, clears, and cleans dining tables.
- Makes beverages and food items such as tea, coffee, and toast; assembles items such as sandwiches and salads.
- Performs cleaning duties such as sweeping and damp mopping floors, cleaning counter tops, sinks, machines and equipment and spot washing walls and splash areas; removes garbage as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have
- Grade 10 or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Food Safe certificate
- WHIMS certificate.
- Excellent communication skills
- Cultural education and experience are preferred
The successful applicant for this job posting must provide satisfactory proof, or have such proof on file, that they have received the COVID-19 vaccination and any required COVID-19 booster vaccination. This requirement shall be waived if the applicant has not received the vaccination due to any legislated protected human rights grounds. In such a case, and upon presentation of sufficient proof, CareCorp shall make reasonable attempts to accommodate the applicant to carry out their role where possible recognizing that the health and safety of other employees and residents will be a priority.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.97 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Duncan, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (required)
- Food Safety Certification (required)
Work Location: In person