Apple Valley Foods Inc. is one of the largest pie producers in Canada. Nothing beats the flavour of our homemade-like pies, and we are proud to share that passion with customers across North America. Within Canada we distribute from coast to coast. In the USA, products are distributed through our parent company Harlan Bakeries Inc. in Indiana.
We are looking for an IT Network & Systems Administrator to:
- Configure, install and maintain network hardware and software.
- Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk support.
- Work with the Network and Security Engineer to maintain system security.
- Work with IT Manager to maintain and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Work with business unit stakeholders on various projects.
- Help to determine the organization's system needs.
· System Project Management.
· Liaison between the business unit stakeholders and the IT team on issues and projects.
· Assists users by promptly resolving issues or referring more complex ones to other IT staff (or external technical support) for resolution.
· Respond to inquiries about the status of ongoing support request.
· Maintain availability to respond promptly to help desk requests by phone, email, help desk software, or in-person.
· Assess and triage incoming help desk requests; determine priority and level of expertise required to provide the needed assistance.
· Communicate user needs to other IT staff when higher level of support is needed.
· Document user support requests and responses.
· Telecommunication Support: support network infrastructure (PC, printer, phone, iPads/tablets, and network).
· Help Desk Support: provide Sr. level help desk support for IT operations at all Apple Valley Foods Inc. locations.
· Administration: document assets in EAM, document procedures and training.
· Knowledgeable of Windows Networking, systems technology, and telecommunications.
· Perform other required tasks as assigned.
· Ability and availability of working off-hours and weekends as needed.
· Ability to travel domestic and international (passport holder preferred) – 10-15%.
· Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred in technology or computer science.
· 5+ years of work experience in IT.
· Good general understanding of IT applications in a business environment, demonstrates proficiency in their use.
· Excellent general skills and ability in the use of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Office 365 (including Teams, SharePoint).
· Knowledge of technical concepts and terminology: networking, LAN/WAN, client/server, RDP, databases, etc.
· Ability to understand, communicate and discuss technological issues with other IT staff and outside consultants.
· Desire to learn new skills and keep current with technological advances as needed.
· Organizational skills including juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing needs.
· Ability to recognize and troubleshoot basic problems in IT systems.
· Ability to recognize more challenging problems and evaluate the best resources available to handle these issues.
· Excellent customer service skills including, but not limited to, good listening and communication.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package and the ability to progress in a multi-dimensional company.
If this position interests you, please email your resume and cover letter by October 21, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest, and we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kentville, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- system administration: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-21