Steele Auto Group is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team!
As an employee of Steele Auto Group, we always put you first. You can expect competitive compensation packages with flexible health and dental plans to match your needs. Our Employee and Family Assistance program offers a portfolio of healthcare services to keep you and your family healthy. As Atlantic Canadas Largest Automotive Dealer Group, we offer an industry-leading retirement savings plan with employer match and opportunities for growth and advancement to support our employees' futures.
As an Accounts Payable Clerk, you are directly responsible for accurately processing and recording the organization's accounts payable transactions. This includes ensuring that invoices are processed in a timely manner, payments are made accurately, and vendor accounts are properly reconciled. The role requires strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payable transactions, including verifying invoices, matching purchase orders, and preparing payment vouchers.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Audit and review visa payables and related party payables
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in accounting, finance or a related field is preferred.
- Proven experience working as an Accounts Payable Clerk or in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of accounts payable principles, processes, and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to complete a high volume of work within deadlines.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Strong problem-identification and problem-resolution skills
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
Why Steele Auto?
- Competitive compensation package with flexible health and dental plans
- Virtual healthcare and mental health/wellness support programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Industry-leading Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- A safe, inclusive, and dynamic work environment
Steele Auto Group is committed to providing the Best Customer Buying Experience and solidifying ourselves as the “Trusted Destination of Choice for Everything Auto” for employees and customers alike. If you want to work for an organization that values and rewards hard work, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement, please apply today; be sure to include your resume and cover letter.
We sincerely thank our applicants interested in this opportunity and wish to advise that only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Steele Auto Group will fill positions by drawing from internal candidates possessing the desired qualifications and to promote from within, where possible. Hiring and promotion of all candidates is based on skills, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
Steele Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we commit to a fair, inclusive opportunity to apply. Diversity fuels our desire to be your trusted destination for everything auto. Our commitment to inclusion drives us forward every day. If selected for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations you may require throughout the recruitment process. To learn more about our company, culture and opportunities, please visit www.steeleauto.com