About Massage Addict
Canadian owned and operated, Massage Addict is Canada’s first and largest membership-based health and wellness destination. When the brand launched in Nova Scotia in 2008, it began as one-clinic with one service offering—Massage Therapy.
Over the years the brand has evolved. Today, Massage Addict has over 115 locations across Canada and is a brand known for high-quality therapeutic treatments and exceptional client experience. Our therapeutic service offering has also grown and our clinics now offer four services for clients to choose from: Massage Therapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture and Reflexology. These services were carefully selected to support the needs of Massage Addict clients. Unlike a spa, Massage Addict clients visit primarily for pain management and relief from stress and anxiety.
The Senior Accountant position presents an exciting opportunity to take up a hands-on approach to all the finance & accounting functions in a growing multi-disciplinary Co. If you are detail-oriented, this role gives you the chance to fully develop your skills & learning. You will play an essential role in the success of the finance & accounting department by ensuring accuracy & timeliness of given tasks. This position comes with the potential for further career development as well as interesting & satisfying professional challenges & benefits.
- Accounting of parent, subsidiary & associate companies which includes downloading reports from operating systems, passing necessary entries, preparing schedules & performing reconciliations
- Posting of bank & credit card transactions in Quickbooks; Follow-up for visa backup
- Royalty calculations & manual adjustments; sending invoices to franchisees
- Payout of tips to therapists & generating pay invoices for therapists
- Royalty collection, VTB loans collection & accounting for the same
- Updating bank information for new franchisees
- Providing chargeback reports to operations
- Uploading AP invoices in the system & recording them; generate AP ageing & make payments to vendors; reconciling AP balances
- Estimate royalties for clinic handovers, generate transfer fees invoice & generate actual royalty invoices on sale date
- Prepare HST workings for all companies & file them after getting approval
- Assist in preparation for details required for corporate tax filings
- Track all filings, i.e., HST, corporate tax, T5, etc. & pay them
- Track other reporting requirements & file them in the given time frames, for e.g., WSIB, Worksafe BC, EHT, RPRA, etc.
- Assist in getting details needed for car lease, printer lease, etc.
- Help in developing policies & procedures relating to various functions within the department
- Prepare details required for health benefits renewals & insurance renewals
- Prepare details needed during amalgamation/sale of clinics & preparation of WCA
- Providing accounting support to other departments as needed
- Assist in audits & reviews
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- 4 to 5 years of accounting and/or financial experience
- Quickbooks experience a plus
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent organizational, oral & written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote