Location: Saskatoon, SK
Come and join our team! DSI Underground Canada, a Sandvik Company, is a leading global supplier of ground support solutions, for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock bolts, resin, cable bolts, and in- house manufacturing capabilities. Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group with approximately 44,000 employees and sales in about 150 countries with a focus on enhancing customer productivity, profitability and sustainability offering solutions for manufacturing, mining, and infrastructure industries.
The HSE Coordinator is responsible for leading, participating and coordinating Heath Safety and Environmental functions for the facility.
With this opportunity, DSI Underground offers a compensation package including:
- Competitive wages
- Excellent Benefits Plan
- Employer Contribution Pension Plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Maintain, review, revise and continuously improve HSE documentation including work instructions, plans and policies
- Organize/Conduct or assist with HSE training sessions
- Investigate and document all HSE incidents including near miss and significant hazards
- Document and complete all required HSE records; track statistics for trends and suggest and/or lead improvements
- Schedule, conduct and document internal audits; follow up on corrective actions
- Participate in the preparation of external audits for HSE related program(s)
- Participate with the preparation of the management review
- Work closely with other coordinator(s) on Internal/External audit prep and corrective actions using MOC process
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of workplace requirements, legislation and compliance.
- Experience in investigations and root cause analysis.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems, or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and the law
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and follow through on commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to comfortably interact with team members and leaders at all levels
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the areas of continuous improvement, environment/sustainability, health and safety, lean and /or quality in a manufacturing environment
- Secondary education in Environmental Studies
- Secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety
- Internal Auditor certification is considered an asset
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7P 0C1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Continuous improvement, EHS, and Lean in manufacturing: 3 years (required)
- Environmental Studies certificate, diploma or degree (required)
- Occupational Health & Safety certificate, diploma or degree (required)
- Internal Auditor certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person