Title: Customer Experience Manager (Retail Sales Manager)
Reports to: Atlas Experience General Manager
Purpose of position
Reporting to the General Manger, the Retail Sales Manager leads one or more teams of Customer Experience Leads and Retail Associates to deliver the Atlas Experience to customers that is Fun, Memorable, Personalized, Effortless and Value Added.
The Retail Sales Manager inspires and drives the sales-merchandising culture at retail and sales-merchandising imperatives within the Teams. They take the lead in coaching the current sales model to consistently deliver the Atlas Experience. The RSM are role models for all Atlas associates driving quarter over quarter sales growth and year over year growth. This competitive will to drive performance is balanced with healthy humility. The RSM will also partner with the B2B Sales Team to provide a steady stream of lead referrals from the retail floor to the B2B team.
The Retail Sales Manager will also have a meticulous eye for merchandising and ensure that retail sales per square foot is maximized through daily full, attractive, interactive displays that are in line with Atlas retail standards. They will also work directly with the purchasing and Retail Operations Team to support having the right products, in stock, at the right price.
As a leader, the Retail Sales Manager will be an ambassador for Atlas Core Values in all they do.
Customer Experience and Sales Leadership
● Achieve sales to budget targets for the month and year.
● Create a store environment that is fun, personalized, effortless and value added for customers.
● Role model and embed the Atlas Core Values in everything we do.
● Establish quarterly goals with associates and benchmark success using the Developmental Check-In tool.
● Deliver the 3Ps sales model. Demonstrate and coach weekly focus topics.
● Create individual 3Ps development plans for each sales Associate.
● Transactional Level Coaching during and post-sale.
● Perform associate sales analysis on established KPIs using available reports and tools. Share insight with leadership team to help enrich coaching conversations and goal setting. Turn insight into action.
● Coach team to filter customers through appropriate sales channels. “Feed” the B2B sales pipeline internally through associate lead referrals.
● Lead associates within the Teams to establish team-based culture for sales growth and team learning.
● Partner with Vendor Reps, Purchasing and Marketing on sales execution for flyers and seasonal promotions.
● Cascade knowledge of all promotions to the Team and develop promotional tactics the team will use to maximize sales.
● Perform brand sales analysis. Develop insights to share with purchasing.
● Partner with vendors, marketing and sales staff to deliver successful and memorable Atlas Events.
● Make sure store inventory-display replenishment is taking place on a daily basis.
● All sections must be merchandised to the Atlas standard.
● Work closely with retail partners to achieve picture perfect displays.
● Set daily merch plan and create a team can-do spirit with sense of urgency on secondary duties completed in line with the Atlas standards.
● Establish lines of communication between our customers and purchasing to communicate items customers are looking for that could be a good fit for Atlas.
● Create interactive and engaging displays that encourage play and trial.
● Ensure signage elements are correct and all inventory has visible pricing, consistent and displayed correctly. Partner with marketing to enhance signage and visual appeal.
● Partner with GM, Retail Ops and Marketing to create merchandising plan seasonally to keep displays fresh and relevant for the season and upcoming sales and events.
● Establish culture of ongoing cleaning and section maintenance to maintain 10/10 look and feel all day, every day.
● Create atmosphere of fun, hospitality and hi-performing winning team rooted in the Atlas Core Values.
● Respond to associate requests and issues (such as vacation requests, peer to peer conflict) with expediency, reasonableness and fairness.
● Use Atlas employee recognition programs to reward those showcasing culture and values.
Invest and develop close personal relationships with associates to help them achieve personal and professional goals.
Mentor CX Leads on ways to enhance Employee Experience (“EX”) through culture, values, trust and recognition.
Training and Development
- Make Learn Each Day a priority and built into daily goals.
- Identify product knowledge (PK) gaps and structure training with in-house experts and vendors.
- Recognize associates investing in personal development of self and others. Encourage and assist others in personal development goals.
- Mentor leads on training and development of others and prioritizing learning.
- Complete quarterly and annual Development Check-In plans.
● Performance Management
● Drive high performance winning team culture in line with Core Values.
● Coach using language of Core Values.
● Work with GM and People & Culture (P&C) on performance improvement plans (PIP) for associates not meeting performance expectations.
● Assist with interviews and onboarding new hires.
Operations and Procedural
● Perform keyholder and management duties opening and closing the store.
● Work with customers to solve complicated issues that have not lived up to the Atlas Experience.
● Enforce store policies and assist associates in navigating policies through gray area situations.
● Recognize security risks, follow loss prevention best practices and involve necessary stakeholders as needed.
● Actively pursue opportunities for continuous improvement in all areas of the business.
● Maintain a safe and clean store environment, ensuring compliance with various Health & Safety Regulations.
Skills, Traits and Experience
● 5 years retail management experience or progression through Atlas Leadership Development Program.
● Be a first-class example when representing the company to customers and all staff. Bring a positive attitude to work each day.
● Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and co-workers.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment by demonstrating flexibility and adapting to last minute changes.
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
● Analytical ability to extract insights from data and reports to inform decisions.
● Ability to work self directed and set priorities in line with overall company objectives.
● Work a flexible schedule that includes every Saturday.
● Hungry to achieve goals and results.
● Proficiency in using mobile technology and applications.
● Has strong values and uses good judgment.
● Thrive in high pressure situations over extended periods of time.
● Background in tools, hospitality considered an asset
Learning and Growing:
· Has Hunger to constantly learn and improve
· Has strong self-awareness of personal opportunities and actively takes steps to close gaps
· Never satisfied with status quo
· Finds satisfaction in the success of others. More comfortable giving credit than taking it.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M8Z 4N9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (preferred)
- Retail management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-04
Expected start date: 2023-10-16