Good understanding of UNIX / Linux system fundamentals.
Ability to design, develop robust, scalable, and maintainable backend systems in Python.
- Knowledgeable of python frameworks.
- Should be able to optimize performance and scalability of these systems to provide high availability and fast response times
Good knowledge of at least one configuration management system.
Experience in managing a large UNIX / Linux plant, including:
- Setting up and maintaining continuous integration and testing frameworks.
- Defining best practices and automating the administrative tasks.
- Effective troubleshooting skills across all components of the plant (HW, OS, network, storage).
- Ability to collaborate with others on development, including code reviews, providing specifications, implementing specifications from others, and writing documentation.
Knowledge, awareness and contributor to open-source projects would be an ideal fit.
Knowledge of virtualization technology.
Additional programming languages and skills such as developing with RestApi, fastApi, SlowApi, SQL, containerization, load balancing, event-based systems.
Experience of DevOps.
Actual Projects Making the plant more operations-friendly - fixing minor issues and bugs raised by ops.
Testing and deploying updated versions of upstream code.
Improving the automated testing framework and improving the coverage of the template unit tests
Automated system inventory data collection, data cleanup and feeding this to inventory systems.
To be able to provide metrics and observability-based reporting of inventory issues.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montreal, QC H1A 2B6