Scott Construction is a well-known and trusted Construction Manager based in Western Canada. With offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Scott has been providing construction management services and building relationships since 1984. Our diverse portfolio of projects includes commercial, residential, and institutional sectors. Our teams take an active role in driving project decisions through a solution-seeking approach and in influencing industry growth by advancing proactive building practices such as LEED and other sustainability certifications, Passive House, modular, and mass timber projects. Our vision is to be a progressive, industry shaping leader built on our culture of collaboration, social responsibility, and lasting relationships.
What we Offer
We have an award-winning culture (Canada's Most Admired Cultures & Kincentric Best Employers) that embraces flexibility and continuous improvement. We recognize the importance of our team member experience and measure our team engagement annually. We are recognized leaders in mental health and are actively involved within the community. We have an active ESG (Environmental, Sustainability & Governance) committee. We are B Corp and Climate Smart Business certified. Our total rewards package includes a Remote/Flexible work program, RRSP matching, Wellness Allowance, and a well-rounded Benefits package. We also offer educational support, profit sharing and participation in our recognition and annual salary reviews program.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Assistant Project Manager will be part of a team that collaborates to drive creative solutions for our clients and external/internal stakeholders. You will assist in the success of completing several projects including a new institutional build. Ideally you are an Assistant Project Manager with 1 to 2 years of experience or are a Senior Project Coordinator looking for progression to the next step.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Contribute to management of all aspects of the project including profitability, schedule adherence and customer expectations
- Liaising with Project Coordinators, Project Managers & Superintendents to ensure that delivery of critical elements is expedited and coordinated
- Processing subcontracts and purchase orders, as well as Prime and Subcontract progress claims
- Performing routine site visits and attending site meetings, coordinating and/or documenting and distributing associated meeting minutes as required
- Work with Superintendent to understand and monitor the project schedule and develop project schedules at the outset of projects
- Contribute to development of recovery strategies when project is in jeopardy
- Understand prime contract and subcontract responsibilities
- Resolve project disputes in a timely manner
- Finalize and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders monitoring their progress and schedule
- Prepare and issue progress applications to owner according to established schedules
- Expedite payment from owner within contract terms
- Chair relevant consultant/owner project meetings and effectively communicate status of project
- Process all change orders, including finalizing and assessing cost and schedule impact
- Maintain awareness of current marketplace and trends to gain and maintain our competitive advantage and develop effective bid strategies
- Supervise, mentor, coach and train project personnel as required
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate and timely
- Coordinate all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work
- Live and model the behaviors as aligned with Scott’s Values
Scott Construction Values
- People First | When we take care of people, we take care of Scott, our Industry, and our communities
- Safety Always | We owe it to each other to get home safely
- Seek Better Ways | Innovation and development fuels growth
- Get It Done | Find a solution, take the initiative, and deliver on every commitment
- Have Fun | Enjoy what you do
- Own It | Be accountable and take pride in each day’s work
- 1-2 years of experience, either in the role of an Assistant Project Manager or as a Senior Project Coordinator, with a focus on construction project management within the institutional or commercial sector
- Experience using MS Project & Procore an asset
- Experience within a General Contracting environment an asset
- University or college diploma in a relevant construction/engineering program
- Experience working with different project delivery methods considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience with drawing reviews, contract administration, document management, scheduling software, change order procedures
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures
- Experience leading projects directly on your own (may be smaller projects or scopes within a larger project).
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations), including the ability to successfully translate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Proven leadership skills, including strong teambuilding capabilities
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a variety of people
- Excellent computer skills including experience using MS Office, Project, Scheduling and Project Management software
- Proven integrity when dealing with Clients, Trades and Consultants
For further information, visit our web-site or our LinkedIn profile.
Scott Construction Group strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming and inc.
Job Type: Full-time