Service & Installation Technician Supervisor
Durabuilt is Western Canada’s largest window and door manufacturers servicing consumers, contractors and retailers. We have a wide range of residential and commercial products, including vinyl, aluminum, and fiberglass windows, as well as entry and patio doors. Durabuilt's products are designed to withstand harsh Canadian weather conditions and provide superior insulation, resulting in reduced energy costs and increased home comfort.
With over 35 years of experience in the industry, Durabuilt has earned a reputation for quality products and exceptional customer service. Established in 1988 and headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, its not just Durabuilt’s innovative manufacturing and design that places us on the list of Canada’s Best Managed Companies - it’s also our people.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We start with ourselves and model the behaviors we want to see. Our employees are at the heart of our success and the drivers of our company. Our innovation, excellence, collaboration, and growth are possible due to the energy and passion that our team brings every day.
We are purposeful and intentional in our actions. We challenge assumptions by asking questions and listening with an open mind. We pursue excellence and embrace mistakes and set- backs as a source for learning. We choose a positive mindset and find the good, even in challenging situations.
Our employees keep us moving forward and our values are at the core of everything we do!
- INNOVATIVE. Think ahead to stay ahead.
- DRIVER. Stay hungry and act with urgency.
- OWNERSHIP. No excuses. 100% accountability.
- CARING. For employees, partners and community.
- INDIVIDUAL. We work with great people and expect a lot from them.
We are looking to hire a customer-centric Team Lead in our Service Department located in the west end of Edmonton. This is a full-time position (37 to 44 hours a week), typically Monday to Friday, but may be required to work occasionally on Saturdays as needed.
This role reports to the Customer Service Manager, and will directly supervise the Service Technicians, Glaziers, and other Helpers.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Technical skills
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Training.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction, repairs of windows and doors.
- 3+ years in a Supervisory role.
- Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Mechanically inclined with mechanical aptitudes and enjoy working with your hands.
- Experience in using hand tools.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Working knowledge of both metric and imperial measurements.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or Construction industry.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and a varied workforce.
- Intermediate proficiency in computer skills in Outlook, MS Office (Word, Excel), CRM.
COMPETENCIES - YOU ARE GOOD AT
- Ability to present and gather information & respond to questions from customers, managers and co-workers.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines and exceptional follow up skills.
- Comfortable with high volume workload with the ability to “roll up your sleeves” and jump in.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands robust deliverables.
- Identify problems and execute creative solutions.
- High comfort level working in a fast-paced team environment that is constantly changing.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- WHIMS training / certification
- Standard First Aid knowledge would be an asset
A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE (Job Description)
60% - Service
- Oversee Service Technicians daily.
- Load service vehicle with parts required for service calls.
- Review run sheet daily to get an overview of jobs scheduled.
- Update app and paperwork with notes indicating job has been completed, or provide:
- A detailed explanation of why work was not completed.
- What has to be done to complete work.
- Clearly identify parts required to complete work.
- Provide time required to complete work
- Repair and make adjustments to exterior doors and PVC window products.
- Assist in re-glazing PVC window products.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous, professional manner.
- Complete service work in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure customer satisfaction before leaving the job site.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Report any rising issues to the CX Manager.
40% - Leadership
- Perform annual reviews and develop growth plans for all direct reports to ensure a high- performance culture.
- Oversee and participate in the staff planning, recruitment, selection, onboarding and training.
- Empower employees to identify innovative approaches to enhance department performance.
- Develop and standardize procedures and methods to improve the efficiency and of operations services and projects.
- Manage organizational / operational changes and their impacts within the team. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure all direct reports know what is expected of them, and work with each one to ensure expectations are met.
- Actively coach your employees to assist in their growth to maximize their opportunities for advancement.
- Lead and foster a health and safety culture in all activities and mentor staff on these areas.
- Handle schedule changes, employee call-ins, and other staffing issues.
- Plan and execute internal processes according to company’s and department guidelines.
If you are interested and qualified for this role, we encourage you to apply immediately.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith.
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Thank you to all those apply. Due to expected volume of application, only those who are short-listed will be contacted.
This job posting closes as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5S 1R7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- supervisory or management: 3 years (required)
- installation or servicing of residential windows: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person