Reporting to the General Manager, the Office Administrator is responsible for overseeing payroll, recruitment, onboarding, maintaining personnel files and supporting the accounting clerk. This position is fulltime.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Process Bi-Weekly payroll for 100 plus employees
- Verify timekeeping information for all employees and making adjustments where needed
- Setting up and oboarding of new hires
- Recognizing work anniversaries and providing awards to employees
- Drafting new hire letters and offer letters
- Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll in a timely manner
- High attention to detail is required
- Enroll eligible employees into the benefit program
- Answer questions with regards to the benefits program and assist
- Ensure that members are removed from the program as required and current members are accounted for.
- Prepares a variety of employment correspondence and documentation.
- Posting position vacancies, responding to telephone and walk-in employment inquiries.
- Recruits, schedules interviews with eligible candidates and Department Managers, completes reference checks (including timely follow-up with candidates when references become difficult to obtain), perform criminal record checks.
- Updates internal job postings weekly, and posting organizational announcements
- Ensures the hotel is operating in full compliance with all provincially and federally legislated employment standards, guidelines and human rights codes.
- Ensures proper and fair disciplinary process is applied.
- Assists in preparing regular wage/salary reviews and local surveys to ensure the hotel remains competitive.
- Prepares orientation packages
- Provides assistance in the administration of Human Resource policies, procedures and programs.
- Participates in the coaching and progressive discipline process with the managers and supervisors.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientations and in-house training sessions/workshops, confirming course registration, booking meeting rooms, ordering refreshments/meals, supplies and materials.
- Ensures all employees have required certifications for their position
Occupational Health & Safety:
- Participates on the Hotel Joint OH&S Committee with responsibilities to include minutes, inspections, safety communication and training.
- Administers Workers’ Compensation Board claims and return to work programs.
- Suports Accounting Clerk as required.
- Adheres to all Nova Hotels standards, including dress code, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, and Guest Interactions.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.