iFLY Canada is seeking an Indoor Skydiving Instructor at our Calgary location to play a vital role in providing a positive and safe experience for our guests and staff.
Under the supervision of the Flight Team Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Indoor Skydiving Instructor include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets guests in a positive and friendly manner, assists them with their reservation and gets them excited about the experience;
- Rotates positions with other instructors to prioritize the safety of all guests and to create an outstanding guest experience;
- Provides comprehensive instruction to guests, covers communication and safety protocols, confirms the completion of pre-training, reviews the learnings and demonstrates in-flight gestures;
- Supports guests with gearing up, ensuring every safety measure is in place;
- Supervises guests’ while in the Wind Tunnel, adjusts the wind tunnel’s airflow to optimize the guest experience, while promptly responding to guidance from fellow instructors;
- Conducts post-experience debrief with guests, identifying opportunities for improvement and explores sales opportunities;
- Contributes to the facility’s upkeep, supports cleaning and maintenance as required; and
- Performs additional duties as assigned to ensure seamless location operations.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Ability to work in person at iFLY Calgary, with availability for evenings and weekend shifts, as well as additional scheduling demands;
- Previous experience in customer service is preferred but not required;
- Physically capable of meeting the role’s demands, which include positive general health, strength and cardio endurance;
- Proven track record of excellent attendance and punctuality;
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Positive and friendly attitude towards guests and colleagues; and
- Comfortable handling cleaning chemicals and strictly adhering to safety protocols.
- Access to discounts on flights and merchandise;
- Participation in the company’s commission plan;
- Potential for additional compensation available through tips and coaching;
- Health and Dental Benefits; and
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
iFLY Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
For more information, check us out online at www.iflyworld.ca
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $17.20 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-10