We are currently recruiting for a Project Technologist. Ideally the successful candidate will be an individual who has experience in AutoCAD and Inventor, is highly self-motivated, and has a strong desire to continually learn and be challenged. This is a chance to join a growing company with uncapped potential, with the opportunity to make an impact and work out of Delco's Saskatoon headquarters.
Delco Perks & Benefits
- Retirement Support: Delco provides every employee with RRSP matching for their long-term plans.
- Health & Wellness: Staying healthy is important; as such Delco provides health, dental, life, and disability insurance, along with an employee assistance program.
- Development Opportunities: Delco values employee career development and prioritizes offering professional support, a training reimbursement program, Lunch n' Learns, etc.
- Social: Delco plans and organizes a company golf tournament and Christmas party each year alongside other smaller social events throughout the year including summer BBQs, group activities, etc.
- Culture: Delco offers a fast-paced, exciting working environment in an industry that is always evolving. Our work is dynamic, and the team embraces new challenges and opportunities that arise every month.
- Flexibility: Delco recognizes the need for work life balance and offers flexible work hours to accommodate.
- Facilities: Delco’s head office in Saskatoon, located right off the South Saskatchewan River, is surrounded by walk and bike paths. The office also houses an in-office gym fully equipped with showers and locker facilities as well as a Delco Employee Lounge equipped with a golf simulator complete with multi-sport options, flat screen TV’s, gaming systems, and a seating and refreshments area.
- Prepare process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), process flow diagrams (PFD), and general arrangement drawings (GA) for water treatment projects in AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Prepare detailed water treatment equipment construction drawing packages for shop and site mechanical fabrication by Delco Water and others in AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Prepare detailed steel frame, tank, and tank internals fabrication drawings for Delco Water and others in AutoCAD and Inventor.
- Update Delco Water project cost sheet bill of materials (BOM) based on P&IDs and project specifications in Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare shop drawing packages for project proposals and approval submissions consisting of drawings (noted above), equipment data sheets, bill of materials, etc.
- Provide support and coordination of project materials for procurement, fabrication, delivery to site, and commissioning.
- Provide technical support to project managers and project teams for internal and external projects.
- A diploma from an accredited institution is required in one of the following programs: CAD/CAM Engineering Technology, Design and Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Equivalent, or an Engineer that is proficient in 3D modeling
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk AutoCAD, Autodesk Vault, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English is essential.
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis.
- Must submit both a cover letter and resume.
- Must have enthusiasm to work in a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Focus on client service.
- Water and/or wastewater treatment system design or operation experience.
- Education or experience with software development (PLC and/or VBA)
Delco Water, a division of Delco Automation Inc., is a Canadian leader in the water and wastewater industry. Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Delco Water specializes in customized water treatment solutions and offers equipment integration, plant automation, and site services. Our client base is spread across Western Canada and other parts of North America in the municipal, commercial, and industrial sectors.
Delco Water offers a fast-paced, exciting working environment in an industry that is constantly evolving. Our work is dynamic, and the team embraces new challenges and opportunities that arise every month.
Delco Water is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require assistance or accommodation with your application, please contact us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7K 0A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please describe your experience with 3D modeling.
- How many years of work experience of 3D modeling do you have?
- When are you available to start work?
- Do you have a diploma from an accredited institution in one of the following programs:
CAD/CAM Engineering Technology
Design and Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Engineering Design and Drafting Technology
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-13