Afternoon Shift Welder
BID Group Technologies, Salmon Arm Division
Office Location: Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
- Attend Toolbox Meeting before shift starts at 2:30 pm.
- Preference given to those with work experience in the manufacture of sawmill lumber handling equipment.
- Experience cutting and welding structural steel.
- Ability to use verniers and calipers to ensure tolerances.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and shop drawings.
- Always representing the company with professional behavior.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER:
- Welding level "C" is minimum requirement.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Be physically fit and able to climb up ladders and equipment.
- Superior Attention to detail.
- A strong capacity for teamwork.
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive compensation plan.
- Full-time position 4 x 10 hr shifts Monday through Thursday weekly.
- Paid overtime.
- Extended health and dental insurance.
- RRSP & DPSP + employer matching.
Recruitment for this position is ongoing and applications will be reviewed on a regular basis. Every job application is treated confidentially. If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in BID Group Salmon Arm.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Salmon Arm, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person