The ideal candidate will be both creative and highly organized, with a meticulous attention to detail. While design and illustration are a major part of this role, there are many other responsibilities that the right candidate will perform.
Working under the direction of the Senior Artwork & Production Specialist, tasks will include:
· Accurately managing multiple tasks and projects from start to finish, with minimal supervision
· Planning and collaborating with team members and external customers to achieve project launches
· Working with suppliers/printers to finalize packaging for new products
· Creating neat and organized artwork files, and ensuring that artwork for multi-product lines is consistent
· Accurately following directions when making changes to limit mistakes and avoid multiple rounds of revisions
· Carefully and accurately proofing artwork before going to print
· Creating and finalizing accurate dielines that will not require revisions before going to print
· Supplying clients with relevant packaging and printing requirements/limitations for new products
· Following design briefs and corporate brand standards to create unique designs for product lines
· Creating complete illustrations by combining hand-drawn and digitally created images
· Creating digital and physical mock-ups for clients
· Ensuring that printed samples meet specified colour and quality standards before sending to clients for approval
· Effectively communicating with printers when samples need to be improved
· Performing other relevant job duties as required
· High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1+ years of experience in graphic design; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Proven organizational expertise and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
· A strong attention to detail and ability to produce consistent high-quality work.
· Reliable and self-motivated with the ability to work under broad direction without close supervision.
· Strong ability to problem solve and come up with solutions when the right answer is not immediately obvious.
· Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in small groups, including direct communication with clients.
· Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including creating and editing Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents.
· Working knowledge of Outlook, including managing and organizing a high volume of emails, and an ability to perform relevant searches.
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Must be friendly, motivated, and a team player.
· Must be open to feedback and comfortable with making multiple rounds of changes.
· Able to troubleshoot minor problems with fonts, applications, and with our internal platform.
All applicants must include a portfolio demonstrating graphic design and illustration skills.
· Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
· Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
· Extended health care
· Vision care
· Disability insurance
· Dental care
· Life insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.57-$44.05 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2S 1W3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-23