CONSTRUCTION IS LEADING THE WORLD IN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES…AND THOSE OPPORTUNITIES CAN BE FOUND AT THE STATE GROUP.
The State Group’s family of companies is experiencing exponential growth through investing in our people, innovation, and technology. Since 1961, our 2400+ professionals in North America have provided comprehensive multi-trade industrial contracting services that include Electrical, Mechanical, and Civil on a single-source basis. We have tremendous opportunities for driven leaders looking for a high-energy career. The State Group is seeking an EHS Specialist based in our Mississauga, Ontario Head Office. This position reports directly to the Safety Manager.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- This position is an integral part of our success and provides opportunities for career advancement.
- 100% paid comprehensive health and wellness plans for you and your family.
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick days, and holidays.
- Pension and RRSP Plans with a company match and immediate vesting.
- Competitive compensation, annual pay increases, and bonuses.
- State embraces and encourages workplace diversity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Communicate and provide support to other stakeholders on job sites including customers, general and other contractors, union representatives, and regulatory personnel.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all inspections and incident investigations.
- Conduct safety audits on employee work behaviors, housekeeping, and the condition of equipment and materials.
- Maintain a summary of all audit, inspection, and other action items; and ensure their timely and sustainable completion.
- Ensure compliance with all State Group, governmental, and legal requirements (including OSHA, EPA, COR, ISO).
- Communicate any potential or non-compliant issues to the Safety Manager and operations leadership promptly.
WHAT YOU NEED TO JOIN OUR TEAM
- 3+ years of experience as a “boots on the ground” construction safety coordinator.
- College Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Safety or a related field and/or recognized safety certifications, tradecraft certification, or equivalent experience are considered.
- Knowledgeable of Ontario Construction Regulations.
- NCSO, H&S Gold Seal, or CRSP designations are preferred, but not required.
- Must have “Working at Heights”, WHMIS, Confined Space Entry Awareness, and Elevated Work Platform training and experience.
- Working experience with electrical (Z-462) and energy isolation H&S, cranes, rigging, and hot work.
- Knowledgeable of industrial hygiene best practices.
- Must be able to problem solve and advise ensuring compliance with the OHSA Construction Regulations and Industrial Establishments.
- Proficiency with MS Office, email and safety recordkeeping, and training databases helpful.
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at stategroup.com.
The State Group is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for applicants with disabilities who are participating in the employment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greater Toronto Area, ON: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
Work Location: In person