Symphony Senior Living Orleans is currently Resident Specialist with Meds (UCP) with caring hearts. We will teach you how to care for seniors with dementia and Alzheimer's. We will teach you our systems, programs, and philosophy. However, we cannot teach compassion and empathy, so you will demonstrate those to us in an interview process.
Symphony Senior Living is a leading provider of quality senior services in Canada; we provide private pay services to residents in our beautiful communities. At Symphony Senior Living, we provide care to our residents to end of life. We are the true alternative to a Long-Term Care facility – to that end we are not a medical institution; we are the home to many seniors of many levels of ability. We serve both our Seniors and their loved ones.
If you love working with seniors and you find the challenge of connecting and serving seniors with physical and memory care needs rewarding this could be the position for you! We require someone who is compassionate and driven to provide a high quality, interactive, residential environment to residents, their families and the team.
The Resident Specialist with Medication (UCP) reports to the Wellness Coordinator and is responsible for providing the highest degree of quality care and services by administering medication and treatments in a safe organized manner by law and in accordance with prevailing practices as set out by the pharmacy. Reviews, reads, documents and communicates pertinent information about residents. Receives medication updates. Administers/assists/observes medications and treatments for each resident using the medication administration record (MAR). Medications are passed according to times as directed by the residence and/or physician’s order. The Resident Specialist with Meds will document and initial as medications are given; appropriate documentation is completed for refusal or missed doses. Maintains confidentiality of all resident information including resident medication among other residents.
- Compassion, Common Sense and Empathy required
- Strong team orientation
- Demonstrates a positive, flexible work style and approach to the implementation of change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possesses current First Aid certificate or willing to acquire
- Certification as a personal support worker or equivalent is an asset, but not required if you possess the correct personality traits and have a desire to genuinely care for the senior population
- Must be able to communicate in English (written, verbal, reading) to a minimum High School Level. French language skills are an asset.
- Symphony is an equal opportunity employer
- This position is a Union position
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector background check
- You must be able to work with dogs, cats and other animals
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
· Must be available to work every second weekend
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orleans, ON K1C 6E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- supportive care: 1 year (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person