As a Maintenance Technician Level 3 for the maintenance department, you will be assisting the Maintenance Superintendent with day-to-day activities. This position is responsible for assisting with the management and execution of daily operations including team assignments, operations and maintenance of all machinery, equipment and facilities. Strong communication and collaboration with the Maintenance Superintendent is critical to ensure the success of business operations and guest experience. This position requires on-call availability. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent / General Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting the Director of Operations with the following:
· Scheduling of all maintenance staff and handling time off requests.
· Ensuring safety policies and procedures are followed and staff training is current.
· Responding to incident investigations
· Overseeing building management software ensuring data is current and system is properly used.
· Representing the maintenance department during management meetings in the absence of the Maintenance Superintendent.
· Prioritizing, planning, scheduling, and supervising the maintenance department staff.
· Overseeing maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
· Responding to after hours issues and emergencies while on-call.
· Assisting GM / Dir of Operations/ Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
· Ensuring personal availability for any emergencies and act in a maintenance capacity to protect guests and associates and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
· Ensuring company grooming/uniform policies are followed.
· Maintaining company culture and safe work environment.
· Complying with company mission and standards in performance of maintenance activities.
· Responding to guest requests, assisting with questions, and addressing any issues or complaints while maintaining a professional demeanor.
· Responding to guest's maintenance needs promptly and ensuring guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
· Maintaining the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel and staff accommodations including physical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
· Inspecting & maintaining all equipment related to HVAC, pool water treatment, life safety etc.
· Ensuring proper records are kept relating to all building and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
· Preparing reports as required by the General Manager & Dir of Operations
· Ensuring adequate stock of materials, equipment and tools are kept in a clean and safe environment with a current inventory.
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and safety aspects of all mechanical equipment rooms including daily checks of all back of house facilities.
· Ensuring the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
· Performing daily and weekly property inspections and organizing documentation.
· Ensuring property, grounds and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to company standard.
· Maintaining property vehicles and equipment while ensuring supply inventory levels are to property requirements.
· Duties recorded in Maintenance Technician Level 2 & 1
· Knowledge of building management/maintenance with positive attitude, good communication skills and committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
· Working knowledge of maintenance software and Microsoft applications (outlook, word, excel)
· Current and valid Class 5 driver’s license
· Safety training is considered an asset (fall arrest, first aid etc.)
· Successful completion of a criminal background check
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· A minimum of 2 to 3 years experiences working as a multi-skilled technician in a full-service hotel or similar capacity in a service industry
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person