Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking to join a growing team with opportunities to advance your career? If your answer is yes, Community Fire Prevention Ltd (an Onyx-Fire Family Company), is the place for you!
WHO ARE WE?
Onyx-Fire is a proud Canadian based business, operating across the provinces of Eastern & Western Canada. Onyx-Fire has provided 34 years of fire prevention services to a diverse range of valued clients. Our Western Canada division is rapidly expanding with the assembly of some of the best fire protection talent in BC (Community Fire Prevention, Pacific Coast Fire, and Vanco Fire Protection).
Community Fire Prevention Ltd (an Onyx-Fire Family Company) is a modern company with old-fashioned values. We pride ourselves on being (and remaining) a trusted leader within the local Fire Prevention industry. In addition to maintaining safe communities, our teams core focus is to provide 'next-level' service through innovative solutions and meaningful connections. To achieve this, we rely heavily on our core values:
People First, Wow Every Customer, Everything is Possible and Own it!
Interested in learning more about our team? Check out our Instagram page!
We are currently seeking a motivated self-starter to join our Kelowna Team as a full-time Estimator! As a member of our Estimating Team, you will gain practical knowledge of local Fire & Life Safety regulations, our services, and our customer centric approach to best support our clients and internal teams. As an Estimator you will be responsible for creating quotations for deficiencies and repairs resulting from annual inspections, service calls, repair visits, and regular maintenance visits. You will collaborate closely with our business development and operations teams to ensure seamless project execution and client satisfaction. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our organization while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Objectives & Responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Convert inspection reports into a presentable format for our clients by reviewing, editing, and finalizing data.
- Create quotations based on noted deficiencies/repairs on the inspection reports and/or work scopes.
- Create the quotation / proposal cover letter.
- Liaise with suppliers and vendors for pricing as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with Field Technicians to verify information on inspection report and/or work scope to ensure Quotations are accurate and all encompassing.
- Follow department guidelines and metrics as advised to achieve company strategic goals.
- Assist and support internal departments as required.
- Provide support to the Operations Assistant as needed, including vacation and break coverage.
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Operations regarding special or urgent requests.
- Communicate critical information to colleagues pertaining to vendors, products, equipment, pricing, and competitors.
- Maintain clear and open lines of communication with internal team members to contribute to an efficient workflow process.
- Adhere to and promote the company's core values, processes, policies and Occupational Health and Safety protocols.
- Additional duties as they may arise.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
You are an enthusiastic and optimistic individual seeking a career full of growth and believe in our core values; you prioritize customer satisfaction by creating connection and value empowering others. You are computer savvy and can pick up new software systems easily (we use an in-house proprietary system). You’re comfortable working in fast paced environments both independently and with the Estimating Team. The successful applicant will contribute to a respectful, flexible, and upbeat team environment that values diversity and inclusion for all.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes, strengths, and experience:
- Computer literate; confident navigating various software systems
- General knowledge of quoting and quotation presentation.
- Ability to present technical data in clear and simple terms.
- Strong attention to detail, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Experience in or general/technical knowledge of the Fire Prevention Industry is considered an asset.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills; ability to manage various high priority tasks while planning for and meeting deadlines as needed.
- Resourceful nature and ability to think critically; able to proactively problem-solve and provide customer centric focused solutions.
- Must have excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
PLEASE NOTE: Local candidates only. Hours of work are 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday though Friday.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Salary based on experience and skillset with opportunity for incentive structures.
- On the job training and opportunity for company paid education.
- Career growth and advancement opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment with an energetic and engaging culture.
- Company social events (BBQ's, sporting events, holiday parties etc.)
- Benefits Package that includes extended medical, dental, life and AD&D, EAP, disability and vision care after three months.
INTERESTED IN THE NEXT STEPS TO JOIN US?
If this opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please submit your resume today.
Onyx Fire is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Should you have any questions regarding accommodation or how your unique abilities translate to the role please contact [email protected] . Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.