The Director of Marketing has overall responsibility for planning, developing and implementing all corporate marketing strategies in a manner consistent with the DYMON brand, including internal and external communications and public relations activities. The Director, Marketing will work with the Corporate Office and Operations to ensure that goals, strategies and activities are consistently aligned and effectively integrated with our brand promise.
- Designs and executes effective campaigns to market existing products/services and launch new locations in Ottawa and the GTA; identifies key performance metrics and undertakes regular analysis to track the effectiveness and measure the ROI of marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Identifies target markets and develops effective strategies to communicate and connect with various market segments; develops and administers a comprehensive marketing database for the collection and analysis of demographic data to build a solid understanding of our customers.
- Creates and implements brand guidelines; identifies key performance indicators to measure and monitor the alignment between brand promise and delivery of the customer experience.
- Leads the development of a public relations strategy; coordinates community activities and events; arranges for publicity and media coverage.
- Manages DYMON’s internet presence including overseeing the re-design of DYMON websites and employing best practices for search engine optimization.
- Manages social media platforms, reviewing and reacting appropriately to consumer feedback.
- Provides quality assurance oversight to ensure that messages and materials are accurate, appropriate and consistent with the brand.
- Seeks out, builds effective relationships with vendors & suppliers of marketing products/services.
- Monitors market trends and activities of the competition to identify opportunities/key issues.
- Prepares the corporate marketing budget for executive approval; effectively manages the budget and provides quarterly budget updates.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To ensure that DYMON is widely recognized as the premiere brand for self-storage, moving supplies and home storage plus all others including our group of companies and offerings in the geographic areas in which we operate.
- To bring a steady flow of new guests to our stores and promote sales of new products and services to our existing guests.
- To maximize consumer advocacy and repeat business.
- To promote and continually reinforce a strong, positive brand image for DYMON.
- To demonstrate and ignite passion for the DYMON vision.
- To contribute to a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
Education & Experience:
- Results oriented with proven leadership skills in a customer focused business
- Excellent understanding of brand, marketing and customer relations
- Experience in developing successful brand and marketing strategies
- Highly creative and innovative
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence executive level management
- Strong analytical skills and data driven thinking
Rated Competencies for this Position:
- 5-10 years of experience in a senior marketing role
- University and/or college degree in business/marketing
Physical Demands & Environment:
- Guest Focused
- Problem Solving
- Pride of Ownership
- Integrity & Trust
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
- Process Optimization
- Strategic Agility
- This position requires the use of a reliable vehicle
- Toronto based position however regular travel to Ottawa will be required
This job description is intended to convey the information required to understand the scope of the job and the general nature of work to be performed. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the job.